Note to all parents

Really @shutterbug ?

I’m an adult. She’s still a child. She gets treated as a child when she needs to be. She doesn’t yet have the experience she needs to make all the decisions, not to mention the fact that her brain won’t finish growing in for at least the next seven years.

Do I respect her? Yes. Do I give her wishes equal weight to my own? Absolutely not.

Really. (At least I’m honest.)

Pix.

That doesn’t mean her thoughts and opinions aren’t valid. I still see my daughter as an equal individual.

:angry:

I was a full time single father for 5 years.

You’ve got a great kid, and she’s lucky to have a dad who listens to her. She’s going to be okay.

1 Like

I still :green_heart: you @shutterbug. :angry:

Or just looking to argue for the sake of it. They opened up with how children should not be abused or treated as possessions. It’s pretty obvious they meant equal in terms of basic human rights to compassion and dignity, the right to not be abused or treated like an object.

And you’re just acting deliberately obtuse so you can flame the thread. GG

Thanks @Turnip!

My daughter’s opinions on nutrition definitely aren’t valid. If they were, she would occasionally eat celery without me having to corner her.

That’s your prerogative. I see mine as a wonderful person that I’m proud of, but she’s not my equal. Demonstrably so since she can’t drive a vehicle, buy booze, or vote right now.

Pixactly.

Oh, believe me, when I troll, you’ll know it.

Never use abstract language with an autistic in shouting range, that’s rule one.

Pixacto Knife.

These are trivial things.
I guess my child is…different[quote=“ozymandias, post:29, topic:45015”]
My daughter’s opinions on nutrition definitely aren’t valid
[/quote]

. My first wife is a dietician. :grin:

I like to tell my kid:

“You’re a unique individual, just like everyone else.”

Ten years ago that got me a blank stare. These days that earns me, “really, father?”

Pixstatic.

I refuse to turn this into a competition.

I’m gonna weigh in on @shutterbug’s side. I made the dumbass mistake of calling my dad “man” one time. Oops. He swiftly told me he “was not one of your f*cking little friends. You call me dad or father, or you can shut the hell up.” My dad was not the parent of the year, but he demanded respect, and I gave it after that.

I think it’s critical for kids to understand the hierarchy in life.

Children are equal citizens of this planet.

Sorry but that’s a form of abuse and disrespect.

Good thing. My kid would definitely whip your kid. So not equal there.

(Now THAT ^^^ is trolling. Impressive, no?)

Dill Pixles.

1 Like

Oh now it’s on!!!

Agreed. Our job is to build up our children, not tear them down.

Pix.

1 Like

:smile_cat::smile_cat::smile_cat: It’s always general vs specific here.

I’m sure if Princess Pixel came home from school with a broken heart, you wouldn’t consider her inability to legally purchase alcoholic beverages a reason to shut her down.

1 Like