Not wanting to eat

If you consistently have issues eating 500 calories, you might want to ask about getting on a different med. Taking geodon with less than 500 calories is like being on no meds at all. It’s not negotiable.

1 Like

I was a kid in the hospital at age 11 for my leg, but I wouldn’t eat cause I just couldn’t force myself. I did find that Ensure/Boost was the easiest way to get nutrition. I know you have the celiac condition, so I don’t know if it’s an option. But if you have a doctor RX a specific formula Medicaid used to pay for it. But you said they’ve stopped paying for tests. I luckily never ran into that when I had it, but they paid for a dietitian that had to have a doctor RX some shake I had to drink 4 times a day years later.

Also, do you have a texture issue? I still do for some things, like I can’t have chunky things in yogurt so no fruit, etc. I can’t do ground meat like meatballs, burgers, etc. Doesn’t help I have a beef allergy.

But my thought is drinking nutrition if you can. But I don’t know your dietary limits, so may be useless suggestion.

Good luck, and if and/or when you get any inkling to eat, do it. Even a snack.

@raelyn218 I don’t have a texture issue thankfully just not wanting to eat and idk why thanks for the advice

@Twialine hopefully it’s a temporary thing and it’ll pass.

1 Like

Sorry you have issues eating, I go through the same thing, there are times I just can’t eat, food grosses me out, other times i’m fine

1 Like

I’ve been having issues with eating since catching this virus.
I wish I could eat normal foods but since getting sick I’ve been following a very bland diet basically consisting of toast, rice and crackers.

So far I’ve lost about 4 pounds.

I wish my appetite would come back.

Please try to eat more @Twialine.

You don’t want to get sick.

1 Like

I am on Olanzapine but I overeat and I am still overweight.I was ok average weight while not on ap.Now I had to exercise to counteract it

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.