Not wanting to be friends anymore

I cut off one of the friends this morning(the one who left the message to my phone) because I couldn’t accept what she had said to me and I didn’t know how to deal with her anymore.

But thinking about what to do about the other one, I began to feel really depressed, so I called my social worker at the hospital. She came over to my apartment this afternoon and we discussed the issue. And I’ve decided to tell her that I’m not feeling well lately so that I can’t talk to her for the time being. It seems like she calls to several people to talk about herself. I’m just one of them. But in the end, I’ve decided not to end the relationship.

When I get back on track, I guess I will be able to listen to her again as before. But it’s just that when I’m feeling unwell, I just need to put myself first. I can’t say I’m doing this from 100% love or compassion but there’re a few percentage of guilt. But I think it’s normal range.

Thank you so much for all the support. I really appriciate it. Now I feel better about myself and my friend.

1 Like