Schizophrenia.com

Not too sure of this credit union

I asked the woman who opened my account to mail/email me a letter on letterhead stating The date I opened a savings account and a checking account, and the account numbers as they appear on the statements.

I said I needed this for my government subsidized rent assistance recertification I will have to go through in May. They require me to have the last six months of bank statements or a letter showing the account was opened during the last six months.

I’ve gotten just about everything except for what I requested. I have an email stating she opened the account. I’m hoping the date of the email will suffice. There’s another email with the account number. I’m going to print them off and ask my landlord if they will suffice. I hope so.

2 Likes

They are required to send you monthly statements but every 3 months for savings unless you elect all online banking and no paper statements.

1 Like

I told them I need paper statements. Thanks for responding Daze.

1 Like

Did you talk to the lady in person?
You might get what you need if you talk face to face with her.

1 Like

I talked to her one the phone this afternoon, but I didn’t go into the branch. Everything was done by phone, text, and email. I’m going to give my landlord what she has given me so far and see if it’s sufficient. It probably will be ok. If not, I’ll try again.

2 Likes

The documentation given me was acceptable to my landlord, and she did my recertification last week. I’m happy with the credit union now, and all issues are resolved.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.