Not seeing my CPN anymore

Apparently, my CPN said that I am going to stop seeing her. That I am doing pretty well and am good at looking after my self so I don’t need the support of them anymore. I think that might be a bit premature but I suppose I am ok with it. I will only see my pdoc which is like twice a year. I also talked about a residual schizophrenia diagnosis and she said that she would book an appointment to see my pdoc about it.

4 Likes

so you are doing well?..good stuff…but how did you manage it?..what meds you on…what got you better…im jealous!

1 Like

I am on Lurasidone for medication, been on it about 7 months now and I am a lot better than I used to be. For me getting better was to know when you are delusional, they just seem to go away when you know what they are. I am still prone to delusions though.

3 Likes

Good. Latuda is pretty good. I take 120mg now. How does latuda help you?

Yeah is the way of it now. Too much demand on the nurses so we get discharged often

1 Like

I am a lot more clearer now than on my last meds. Dont think I will ever get fully better but I am quite well.

2 Likes

I heard we had to discharge them not them discharging us, I was encouraged to discharge my cpn in 2013 and I was a bit fed up with them anyway but it’s ok bc I can still see my psychiatrist and phone them or see a nurse anytime, I actually love the freedom of it now lol

1 Like

I did not really get a choice in it.

How do you get a CPN in the first place? I don’t think that’s even an option where I’m from

It is just the way it works in the UK, they give you one when you get diagnosed. I have heard people from other countries talk about psychiatric nurses.

1 Like

I have a CPN with the VA. I’m in the U.S.

I never liked having anything to do with those people. It was my choice to get away from them. After a certain point, it pretty much becomes pathetic to have to continue needing them, and I don’t think it is beneficial for someones recovery and for becoming independent.

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.