Not going to the Wellness Center with my dad anymore

It’s too cold now and we have to walk home. I will be going with ACT again starting next month. I don’t like going because it’s boring and I never have any energy but I need the exercise to help me lose weight. It will only be once a week on Mondays with ACT then next year in May I’ll start going with my dad again Monday through Friday.

2 Likes

What all does ACT do for you?

Right now I mostly just see two psychiatrists to get my meds and go to three groups every week.

1 Like

Ok. Mine uncles a lot, but I’m allowed to do less than what’s offered. It includes psychiatrist, individual therapy, group therapy, art therapy, womens group, peer support, DBT therapy, clubhouse, and I’m forgetting the other stuff. It’s all inclusive and very helpful.

2 Likes

Wow that’s a lot. I wish mine had a group every day. I get boring sitting at home watching TV all day every day.

1 Like

Yeah. I’m very lucky to be receiving services there. You have to do an intake to see if you qualify for that level of care. You wouldn’t believe how bad off I was 8 years ago when I first started receiving services there. It was really bad.

1 Like

I see an ACT team. I have two people who see me at home or in the community for about a half hour each. used to be 3 people. If I need to get something accomplished and i want company it’s helpful also very helpful for dealing with benefits.

2 Likes

I’m glad you were able to get into ACT. I was having a hard time myself when I started in 2018.

1 Like

One reason why I keep doing ACT is so they can do my insurance paperwork so I can get Medicaid so they’ll pay for my meds. My med Invega Trinza is really expensive and I couldn’t afford it if Medicaid didn’t pay for it.

I’m still losing weight it’s just really slow.

1 Like

There’s frost on the grass.

I lost medicaid now I owe the mental health center over $900. like $940 something. can’t pay it. that’s for the month. I’m trying to get back on it. Don’t know how i’m going to pay that. The ACT team is helping me get back on it.

1 Like

That’s good. I hope they can help you get back on it.

I hope it works and you get your Medicaid back.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.