Not feeling like myself at all

Not feeling like myself at all but I don’t want to get back on these meds man I can’t take the weight gain and the side effects it’s stressing me out is there anything we can do this freaking sucks

2 Likes

Did you go off meds?

2 Likes

you have to take your meds man…tell your pdoc you want to lose weight and he can fix your meds…I have loss of weight and I am on generic prolixin…fluphenazine…good luck…and please go back on your meds.

2 Likes

Try a different med. For me all the atypicals caused excessive weight gain but the typicals have been mostly fine. It’s just a matter of trying everything until you find something that works.

2 Likes

Yeah I got off Wellbutrin the antidepressant and Cymbalta for social anxiety only one I’m on right now is the Abilify the antipsychotic. I think I’m going to be okay but I don’t know if I should chance it.I am losing weight already and everything seems to be okay I just feel a little disoriented, like I lost my sense of self, but that just might be the day. I don’t know, does everyone feel like that sometimes?

1 Like

I feel this way sometimes, just out of it. I understand your desire to lose weight and not deal with the side effects. My advice would be to work with your pdoc, tell him how you’re feeling and see if there are other meds you could try that might affect you differently. Different meds work differently for everybody. Maybe you just have to find the right combination.

1 Like

I guess I have it under control. It was effecting my physical health in a few different ways. I was just a little concerned. That familiar fear of losing it like I have in the past when I got of meds took a hold of me. I’ll be cautious. Thank you guys. @LED. @jukebox @insidemind

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.