Not coping at all well

So, so anxious. Am tapering down the seroquel and the withdrawals are hell. My folks are away on holiday and I am running out of food but too scared to leave the flat. A car has been parked outside for 2 weeks now and folk with clipboards are following me. Please make it stop.

2 Likes

I’ve been like that before. I think it was when I was coming off an antipsychotic. I needed to lose the weight, though. See if you can find a friend or relative to go with you to the grocery store. That might help.

Is there a way someone could buy you food online and get it delivered to your house? I’d be happy to help, if it’s possible!

1 Like

Also, I’ve had Seroquel withdrawals before, I know it’s hellish. I empathize with what you’re going through.

2 Likes

Thanks for the support guys. Just had my depot and had a good chat with my nurse. Am feeling better now.

8 Likes

Take it easy @Jimbob It is not real… you are only changing/switching medication so soon it will be over.

1 Like

i’ve reduced before and there is no shame in taking a bit more if you need it, it might take a long time to taper down.

1 Like

That’s what my nurse said. Hopefully the newly done depot will kick in soon.

3 Likes

I remember you used to be like this before. Things would get really hairy as you were coming up to your depot. You might have to brace yourself for more of this while you’re reducing the seroquel.

1 Like

We discussed upping the depot today, which I would be fine with. You are right, at the end of the depot cycle things get hard.

I think as well the fact my parents are away on holiday and I am pretty isolated has contributed too.

1 Like

i hate med withdrawals, i had it really bad with invega sustenna and the pills which i was on at the same time. i had severe anxiety and i was easily irritated. the new doctor who was taking me off the invega tried to taper me down slowly but medicaid wouldn’t approve of the invega with the latuda and haldol doses so i just went without and i told the doctor this a few weeks ago and he said if he had known he would have had called medicaid and get it approved.