Nootropic Stack Progress

Full stack overview this will be my progression going forward and will evolve from this.

Night
Latuda 15mg
Melatonin 3mg
Liposomal Vitamin C 500mg
Selenium 200mcg & Vitamin E 20mg every third day
Magnesium & Apigenin ~600/~125mg
P-5-P 100mg
NAC 1400mg
2.5g Beta-Alanine
1g Lions mane
10g Collegen
5g Creatine
~15g MSM & Chondroitin & Glucosamine

Day
Zinc 50mg (Every second day)
Bupropion ~37.5mg
L-thanine 100mg
Ubiquinol & PQQ100mg/10mg - ALA 500mg (Alternating days)
Niacin 500mg
Vitamin D 1000iu every second day
NALT & DL-Phenylalanine ~133/333mg
NAC 1400mg

Alternating days
Curcumin 500mg morning - Asprin ~25mg other night

Current issues

Sleep

• This is an ongoing issue and interelated to low dose antipsychotic and dopamine hypersensitivity

Low mood/depression

• This is due to swaping to a very low dose of antidepressant. This may mean I need to increase antidepressant dose again, depending on the severity and length of depression related symptoms

Liable mood

• This is due to emotional stress triggers, this could potentially be solved my the introduction on low dose lithium. This is also a warning sign for stress triggered psychosis as total stress load is higher

Current goal is to weather the storm of depression symptoms and see if I can effectively acclimatise to lower dose antidepressant. Long term goal being to reduce antipsychotic dose at the 3 month mark of being on 15mg assuming positive symptoms are stable and environment is conducive to low stress.

Feel free to ask about the purpose of each component of the current stack iteration if you are taking any of them yourself or are otherwise particularly interested

1 Like

My stack is mostly focused on sleep as olanzapine has made my gaba receptors dysfunctional amongst other.Implementing bdnf supplements to try restore receptors. Also focusing on brain health in general.

Night

Olanzapine 5-7.5mg
Magnesium 400mg
Gotu kola 450mg/1 teaspoon Black seed oil every other day.
Melatonin 0.5mg
L-serine 1000mg
Avena sativa 1150mg
Wild jujube extract 500mg

Day

Wild jujube extract 500mg
Chamomile flower extract 500-1000mg
Grape seed extract 200-400mg
NAC 600mg
Niacin 500mg every other day
Bioperine 10mg
Turmeric 1450mg
B-complex
2500IU vit. D
Catā€™s claw 2000mg divided in 2 doses
500mg liposomal vit. C
Vitamin E 400iu approx. once a week
Zink 15mg twice a week
B12 21000% daily allowance once every week-second week.

Also experimenting occasionally with

Rhodiola rosea
Sarcosine
Uridine monophosphate
Oleamide
Taurine
Cdp choline
Mucuna pruriens
Tryptophan
Niacinamide
Thiamine

1 Like

Apparently itā€™s an MOA-B I would caution against taking it at night

Also what is the purpose of taking jujube in the day how do you feel that helps?

Chamomile flower extract would be calming/sedating also, wouldnā€™t you want to be taking that at night?

I have been having a lot of life stress and or disruptions to my routine. I have missed the most doses of my antipsychotics in the last month that I have in the last year or 2 even. Lately and this had triggered exacerbations in my symptoms. 32.5mg Bupropion is definitively low at this point. I have also been using clonadine to aid with sleep which suppresses my elevated mood but unfortunately also ruins my motivation/productivity.

I think an increase to 75mg Bupropion is in order as I have also gone back to vaping being on the lower dose of 32.5mg. Also going to increase Latuda back to 20mg, this is definitely a step backwards but my reductions were pretty aggressive. The difference in relapse time are conveyed by life stress events so considering this is a transitionary period for me increasing the Latuda makes sense even though I loathe the idea of it. Latuda is also a bipolar antidepressants so increasing it could probably also help.

1 Like

I forgot I have also been taking the following as part of my stack
Tadalafil
Taurine
Astragalus extract

Additionally I take Alpha-GPC and Sabroxy in combination prn as a cognition booster which is very effective.

Gym goals:
Iā€™ve also been experimenting with a strength/test booster stack which consists of:
Boron
Cistanche
Cordyceps
Shilajit
Beta-ecdysterone
Horney goat weed
Tribulus
Tongkat Ali

Occasionally I take a home brew pump formula:
L-Arginine (Various forms) ~1.5g+
Citrulline 6-10g
Vegitable Glycerol ~10g
Electrolytes ~400mg+

I prefer the following brands
Nootropics Depot
Thorne
Jarrows
Life Extension

I have also heard that pure encapsulations is good but it not sourcable in my location. Thorne is also overpriced so I rarely if ever order the stuff.

1 Like

I have a hard time relaxing in the day as well, so some calming herbs in the daytime might do me good. I found a article that said jujube normalises gaba function, which is good after olanzapine desensitised gaba receptors. I could try to take 1000mg at night instead though and see if it does something more for sleep.

Now trying to take low dose seroquel for sleep, but will continue to take 1.25mg zyprexa for a while since itā€™s unrealistic to get off zyprexa cold turkey.

If you feel you need calming herbs in the day I would just use more AP at night. Unless itā€™s for anxiety

1 Like

Night
Latuda 20mg
Melatonin 3mg
Liposomal Vitamin C 500mg
Selenium 200mcg & Vitamin E 20mg (Every third day)
Magnesium ~600mg
P-5-P 100mg
NAC 1400mg
Beta-Alanine 2.5g
Collegen 10g
Creatine 5g
MSM ~2.5g
Chondroitin & Glucosamine 600/750mg

Day
Tadalafil ~2.5mg
Bupropion ~150mg
Zinc 50mg (Every second day)
L-thanine 100mg
Ubiquinol & PQQ100mg/10mg - ALA 500mg (Alternating days)
Niacin 500mg
Vitamin D 1000iu (Every second day)
NALT & DL-Phenylalanine ~133/333mg
NAC 1400mg
Taurine 1g
Noopept 10mg

Alternating days
Curcumin 500mg morning - Asprin ~25mg other night

Current issues:

Sleep

• Currently sleeping too much/feeling knocked out in the morning. Antipsychotic dose is a bit heavy

Low motivation

• Depression is better taking higher antipsychotic/antidepressant but motivation is still to catch up and feeling less hyped.

Low libido/anorgasm

• This is due to higher antipsychotic/antidepressant dosage.

Commentary

Liable mood is gone at the expense of feeling more robotic.

Currently goal
Resurface to 15mg latuda.

Things missing from my stack due to refills:
Astragalus extract

2 Likes

I forgot the above stack also has Hyaluronic Acid and TMG in it, also currently missing Lions Mane due to restock.

I removed the melatonin 3mg since Iā€™m sleeping like a rock on the 20mg Latuda. Will reintroduce the melatonin once I cycle back to 15mg latuda.

I have been vaping on and off since I first restarted ~October. I think this will be by my second attempt to quit after recently relapsing, Iā€™m currently day 4 on the recent round of quitting. Using 4mg nicotine mints. This is also directly related to lowering the Bupropion

1 Like

Did you consider trying niacinamide for nicotine whitdrawal? Itā€™s supposed to ameliorate addictive cravings. Iā€™m not sure niacin has the same effect.

1 Like

whatever they used to put in those SOBE energy drinks worked well for me. Seemed to increase my awareness, but it was discontinued. A potential vitamin/med combination for me:

calendula,
D vitamin 3000
hops and valerian
kombucha
progesterone
magnesium
B vitamins
zinc and copper
selenium
5-htp
SAM-E
NAD
Provigil or Vyvanse
Lithium orotate
Abilify

those are all things I have taken that have helped in the past. Right now all I do is take 20mgs of Abilifyā€¦and Im going to take something off the list first and move from there. Im thinking magnesium, zinc, copper and Bcomplex are most needed

Bupropian makes my ears ring
and I think Buspar does too but I have become a lot more sensitive to medications and I am deficient in supplumental health.

1 Like

Interesting list. Careful with 5-htp, SAMe and Lihium orotate. They are almost like meds.

1 Like

Thanks for the warning I have actally never tried or taken 5htp or Lithiumā€¦Im not sure how I would be effected but I am super sensitive to all supplements and meds. I really want to induce greater focus and maintained energy but Im not sure where the best place is to start for supplements just guessing, any input is welcome!

Also curious about ur paper on grey matter or what u wrote about it. I am hopeful about neuroplasticity that Im not too old or somethingā€¦i have read some about anti-aging, and Im curious about what could help with the grey matter loss its common with schizophrenia caused by both trauma, stress, aging, toxins, and for me a genetic disorder that causes de-mylination and I think its linked too thats been my theory because the only connection between my mom and I and brother is the de-mylination disease though its a rare disorder no one seems to have heard of. I dont know if its rare or common, or its common just rarely noticed and overlooked.

1 Like

I would start out with a fundament of vitamins, minerals and amino acids. They are natural substances for the body and has a minimal potential for adverse effects.

Vitamins, maybe try a B-complex, vitamin C and D.

Minerals, you could take a multi, or focus on some of the essentials like magnesium and zink.

Aminoacids, you could take powdered pumpkin seeds, or powdered yellow peas, which contains all or close to all of the amino acids.

See how that works, then later you could add a supplement like for example ginseng, rhodiola or ashwaganda which basically modulates your energy and bodily functions in a positive way.

1 Like

Re sam-e Biologists warn against toxic SAMe ā€˜healthā€™ supplement | Health | The Guardian

You donā€™t want too much Selenium or copper.

You can google the papers on grey matter. There is no known way to prevent this as the cause is undetermined at this time.

You can blood test zinc, Magnesium and b vitamins. They can all be worthwhile things to supplement if you are deficient it is common to be deficient in zinc and Magnesium. B vitamins however have weak evidence in schizophrenia so if treating your sz is your goal then I would start there.

Of all the stuff I take I would mainly only recommend Bupropion which is a medication and NAC

For cognition best place to start is cholinergics, Alpha-GPC and CDP choline. Provigil also but not Vyvanse since it will likely worsen symptoms.

@Mr_Hope
Lithium works in high doses as a mood stabiliser and actually is the moste efficacious at this. The problem is that long term use gives you kidney damage. Peter Attia one of the longevity community figure heads took lithium for a period so I assume it canā€™t be that bad. They have the studies that show that higher lithium levels in the water was linked to lower suicide. I donā€™t know/think these papers were very high quality evidence but I personally donā€™t see an issue with using Lithium at supplemental levels ~10mg dosage/day. However if you were taking it for a period of more then a couple of weeks or month then you would probably want to get your blood levels checked because there will be a lot of gentic variation in the levels you excrete. I donā€™t have any clinical experience so erring on the side of caution if youā€™re use 10/20mg it would do good to get your levels checked. Supplemental lithium isnā€™t going to do anything for real bipolar though

1 Like

I tried lithium orotate at 5 mg. I think lithium orotate doesenā€™t cause harm to organs as opposed to lithium carbonate which is what the doctors prescribe.

However it felt like lithium orotate clashed with zyprexa. I got pains in my head when trying it. Interestingly I felt my mood got lifted even using it only for one day. Didnā€™t last long after discontinuing though.

I think it would be the high blood levels of the lithium that cause issues. Both lithium orotate and carbonate will dissociated yielding free lithium ions when ingested.

However my guess is that your are probably right in saying that lithium orotate isnā€™t a problem and lithium carbonate is. Lithium orotate is most commonly found in supplements and therefore at low doses and lithium carbonate is the form used for medication at high doses.

I think it follows that the poision is in the dose. Even caffeine for example can be toxic at a high enough doseage

1 Like

Hi. What do you think about atomoxetine and reboxetine for the treatment of negative symptoms? Thanks

1 Like

If you could reverse grey matter loss could u cure schizophrenia?

Low quality evidence for reboxetine. It might help keep a small amount of weight off.

It is a questionably effective antidepressants.

This was enough to scared me off amoxitine

If you have negative symptoms, weight problems and depression. Then seeing as reboxetine helps slove a little bit of all of these issues and all these issue are common in scz then it isnā€™t necessarily a bad idea to take reboxetine despite itā€™s fullbacks.

I personally had the exact same line of thought when I started being more experimental with my medication. I.e use ā€˜non-stimulantā€™ medications because they would be safe and still likely be prescribed by drs.

Reboxetine gave me a rare side effect where I was having vision distortions so I had to discontinue that experiment. Because it genuinely does take time to build up efficacy, I never fully got to feel this medication out. But the subjective effect compared to how Bupropion rams your receptors when you first start taking it are night and day. I do however have a friend who swears by reboxetine but equally he hasnā€™t tried Bupropion. I havenā€™t spoken to anyone else who has tried both, but my preference for the subject effect is Bupropion. It also seems a lot more popular to be prescribed which makes me think that doctors see better therapeutic effect from patients experiencing depression. It is commonly mentioned in the forum compared to reboxetine.

I had an interest in NRI medication also trying duloxetine. Which mainly just made me feel a but spaced out. Venlafaxine is the other common snri but it only works at high serotonin occpancy meaning that it also has sexual side effects. Viloxazine is probably the only other common medication with NRI action that would be prescribed for attention/cognition/negative symptoms.

There are also other DNRIs which have indication for insomnia. But that pretty much rounds out my exploration with NRI medication. I prefer Bupropion for negatives but Viloxazine and some of the more obsecure DNRI medication might work equally well or better.

1 Like

No since they grey matter changes are not what causes scz. It just means that you would prevent degeneration of cognitive function