Nootropic called Phenibut Seems to have helped Silence my hallucinations

I like to experiment with Nootropics. They are a class of compounds which boost cognition in healthy people without any nasty side effects. I have experimented with a few, namely Alpha GPC and Aniracetam. I would say I am somewhat treatment resistant to medicine with regards to hallucinations because they do not completely get rid of them although they do minimize them. I tried a compound called Phenibut which works on Gaba B receptors which is pretty much what Benzo’s do. I haven’t had much success with Benzo’s although I once did and try not to use them because they hurt cognition and also they are linked to Alzheimer’s.

So I decided to try this Phenibut around 12:30 PM a week or so ago. Within 35-45 minutes I became euphoric and at peace. My hallucinations vanished and I could finally think clearly.

So clearly in fact that I decided to quit smoking for the day. I typically smoke a pack or so a day so this was a pretty big decision. It was quite easy and those negative intrusive thoughts which come along with addiction were not there. You know, the thoughts that carry an emotion which is a desire to pick up a ■■■, put it in your mouth and take a drag. This compound takes away those thoughts and all the other nasty thoughts we as patients do not like and try to get rid of.

I went out to Dinner with my family to a Steak House. Fortunately for me I live in an Upper Class family in a Neighborhood in California which is on the beach. I could focus, and my meal was delicious and it was painless not having or needing a smoke break.

I have some difficulties with Recall. I wouldn’t say it is a memory issue because there are times when I can recall just about anything, meaning my brain is packed with information but retrieving it is difficult. This was the result of my doctor putting me on an amphetamine which he shouldn’t have done. My recall was flawless on Phenibut. My hypothesis of this disease is that it is a wiring issue caused by perpetual stress and trauma. Phenibut pretty much fixed that for awhile.

This compound, Phenibut worked wonders for me. The thing is, is that it is one of the few Nootropic’s that you can get addicted to and have side effects with with regards to withdrawal. They say it increases dopamine but I hadn’t an issue with any symptoms while taking it. Another Perk to the compound is that I slept like a log that night on top of that I continued to sleep well for several days after taking it. It had a lingering positive hangover which was enjoyable as well as pleasant.

The compound is cheap too, I recommend it but if you do decide to take it tread lightly as your results may differ.

3 Likes

Yes, this is it. This stuff is amazing.

1 Like

Have u tried anything for negative symptoms…???..:alien:

So - you’ve only been on it for a week or so - right? Have any other things happened in your life that has been positive or reduced your stress, or changed, that might be involved or contributed to your improvement?

A week isn’t very long - I recommend you keep posting your results over the coming 3 months (every week or two) and let us know how it goes over the longer term. Are you on any other medications or supplements?

2 Likes

Sounds like just an anti-anxiety drug (that hasn’t been researched on humans - so I’d avoid it). It comes out of Russia - and I generally don’t trust much of what goes on in Russia (or comes out of Russia - its an unbelievably corrupt society).

Phenibut is a chemical similar to a brain chemical called gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA). It is used as medicine in Russia (since 1960), but not in any other country.

Phenibut is used for anxiety, fear, trouble sleeping (insomnia), tension, stress, fatigue, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), depression, alcoholism, and irregular heartbeat. It is also used for improving memory, learning, and thinking.

How does it work?
Phenibut is similar to the brain chemical called gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA). Research in animals shows that it might decrease anxiety and have other effects on the body. But phenibut has not been studied in people, so no one knows whether it might work as a medicine.

Source:

http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-supplements/ingredientmono-1184-phenibut.aspx?activeingredientid=1184&activeingredientname=phenibut

More info:

Phenibut, the appearance of another potentially dangerous product in the United States.

3 Likes

If you do not want to try it and possibly feel better that is fine with me. It worked for me and I have only tried it once. I may try it tomorrow.

I have only tried it once. My life was a living hell before I took it. It has improved much since that one dose. I had racing thoughts, intrusive thoughts and couldn’t think. Now much of it has improved to a great level.

More bad news on this compound - it seems its addictive, much like Benzos…

While phenibut was helpful initially, the patient developed dependence including tolerance, significant withdrawal symptoms within 3-4 h of last use and failure to fulfil his roles at work and at home. He finally sought medical assistance in our addictions clinic. We have gradually, over the course of 9 weeks, substituted phenibut with baclofen, which has similar pharmacological properties, and then successfully tapered the patient off baclofen. This required approximately 10 mg of baclofen for each gram of phenibut.

Source:

2 Likes

Very nasty …

Man…i just spent 30 dollars to buy this stuff yesterday…

Thank you OP for posting. Although anecdotal, your findings lend credibility to a lot of my current “inklings”. As evidenced in my thread concerning Baclofen.

It is ok to consume Phenibut. You will not instantly develop dependency or addiction. However, if you have an historic propensity to addiction, then I would recommend viewing it as a temporary self-experiment. Durig said experiment, restrict use to no more than 2 days consecutively and I would go so far as to also recommend keeping it to 2 within 7. As such, this hardly presents as a useful treatment mode.

Baclofen, while not likely THE answer, is a drug that I’m starting to take an academic interest in for the very same reasons you have described in optimism.

Just keep it sensible.

EDIT: I’m going to go ahead and add some extra cautionary advice. Think of phenibut as a benzo and act accordingly. As such - if addiction has been a problem. Just tuck it away on the top shelf and get back to the pdoc to explore alternatives. I hate fear-mongering because I am very liberal in nature, but benzo addiction is not something I want to see anyone go through nor have played a role in contributing to it.