Noise, noise, noise

I have a question: anyone on the forum sensitive to too many noises at once? I’m at a family gathering, and I’m having an issue with the mixed noises.

Best,

Peter

2 Likes

I get that sometimes.
If there are a lot of noises, my head gets tired.

My head is exhausted lol

Yes I hate noisy gatherings or terrible music. The commotion drives me nuts and when it’s at someone’s house I always just spend my time in a bedroom.

2 Likes

That’s totally understandable

I’m very sensitive to noises and carry earplugs everywhere.

Even just the TV on in the background is too much for me,

So I get it.

Put some cotton in your ears and see if it helps.

1 Like

Crying children sometimes.

1 Like

Too much noise overwhelms me. Especially kids screaming at family gatherings. Or people’s forks and knives screeching on plates.

1 Like

Yeah I get overwhelmed when there is a bunch of noise or just being around people

Me too! any noise can easily overwhelm me - especially several noises at once. It is so bad for me that I wear ear plugs for most of the day. I could not stand my own family, otherwise :frowning: Too much visual stuff causes me problems too, but it is easier to look the other way than to shut off the sound.

1 Like

Not sure of the accuracy of this info but it’s interesting. I hear things others don’t seem to notice in more than one way.

2 Likes

I prefer noise because it drowns out my thoughts.
It’s understandable though to be overwhelmed by an overload of stimuli.

Thanks, this is very interesting information. I’ve been struggling a lot with the sensory overload.

1 Like

Thank you! 1515

This thread many times. When it’s crowd noise, they all kind of blend into one another into a sort of white noise, and it doesn’t bother me too much. But when it’s mostly silent, a person or two speaking up suddenly can make me jump.

1 Like

I get that all the time. I feel for you, I know how much it sucks. Mixed noises, like the subway screeching or a conversation on top of the hand blow dryers in the bathroom makes me wanna rip my ears off. I live in a pretty noisy city so I am always wearing headphones and listening to music, it really calms me down and helps with weird auditory stuff.

1 Like

I enjoy music, too