Nobody has any clue what schizophrenia actually is

Nobody has any clue what schizophrenia actually is. You know how long i’ve been here? Ten years. TEN YEARS! 10 YEARS!

face to desk

sz is genetic… :blue_book:
brought on alot of the time by trauma… :imp:
sometimes triggered by recreational drugs :pill: …( a kind of trauma to the brain at least ! )
early intervention, education, support…can dramaticaly improve the situation. :blush:
take care :alien:

3 Likes

I heard it was like 7 or 8 distinct disorders. I wonder what those disorders are.

1 Like

That.

Going from OMG I CAN’T BREATHE! to being sure your CHEST IS GOING TO EXPLODE. And sometimes those are the good days.

I am actually having a good week aside from being so sick I feel like passing out.

[ snuffle cough ]

Pixel.

4 Likes

OMFG that’s DISGUSTING!!! NIGHTMARES!!! incoming…

it’s true nobody knows for sure what schizophrenia actually is, i don’t even know what it really is.i just know the symptoms i feel,see and hear.

1 Like

Schizophrenia is Latin for split mind - It’s a term used to describe a variant of symptoms and sub-conditions [IE paranoid, simple, schizoaffective] whereby the mind cannot identify or differentiate between fiction and non-fiction.

The word itself does justice to the main symptoms [at least for those who hallucinate or suffer from delusions] but in essence the condition itself [as well as most other mental illnesses] can be brought on by a varied number of factors and incur a varied number of side effects, so it’s hard to pin point what exactly something is when each case is unique and doesn’t entail the exact same criteria.

I don’t think much ground will be made in our time, unfortunately, in identifying prevention or a resolution / definitive explanation.

It’s actually Greek.

1 Like