No sleep for the wicked on a friday night

How’s that for a catchy title?

My childhood friend is going to a birthday party. I can’t get a hold of anyone else. I suppose everyone else has plans but me.

What are you all up to? I am bored :confused: Anyone wanna chat?

1 Like

I actually have a Friday off from work, which is strange for me, but I’ll take it :slight_smile:. I’m just chillin at home with my animals, listening to music. I’ve already done my running around for the day, so I’m in for the night, other than walking the pooch. How was your day, @Chrishasheart?

2 Likes

Oh it was good :slight_smile: Just slept, drank coffee, and listened to music. Thank you for asking. I read on another thread you’re a teacher. That’s really cool. I want to go back to work in that field.

2 Likes

I just finished some coffee myself; I drink typically three cups a day.

Yeah, I teach introductory biology at a community college, have a master’s in bio, did most of grad school during a healthy stretch. I love it, for the most part; it beats the hell out of the pharmacy, anyway.

What sort of teaching have you done, or do you want to do?

3 Likes

That’s awesome you have your master’s! Especially in biology. Wow.

Oh, I would like to teach history or theology. Maybe even philosophy, but I’ve read that’s sort of a ‘dying’ major.

1 Like

I took a philosophy class as an undergrad, and it was fairly enjoyable. We had some interesting class discussions, though much of the work involved learning different forms of logic, and how to use them, as far as structuring an argument.

Yeah, I was fortunate enough to get my undergrad done before getting very sick for the first time. I was fairly sick when I finished the last requirements of my master’s, as far as finishing and defending my thesis and giving my seminar, but I got all of the coursework done during a symptom-free stretch.

Do you have a degree, or is that something you are aspiring to get?

2 Likes

I have 2 associate degrees. I plan on finishing up my bachelor’s degree before I turn 40 :slight_smile:. Right now I am enrolled in a bio class to finish up my general associate of arts degree. I only need 1 credit to finish it, the lab science. So everyone – give me a good push in the arse!

3 Likes

How do you like your bio class?

1 Like

Oh it hasn’t started yet. Which reminds me, I need to get on the va paperwork for that. Thank you.

2 Likes

Do it, Do it! @Chrishasheart,
Nothing sexier than an educated man that has a heart!

1 Like

LOL! Hey…I think I have to agree on that @Csummers :smiley: thank you for the push.

1 Like

I was lying on the couch, work tomorrow, then Sunday off, but have lots of personal stuff to do.

2 Likes

Right on @Mountainman I am getting ready to have more coffee lol. How are you feeling these days?

1 Like

sore and tired, only 4 more weeks of 6 day work week lol

2 Likes

I just applied to six jobs online. They all were for inpatient pharmacy tech at the same hospital, but different postings, different departments. I want out of the retail pharmacy where I currently work. The jobs I just applied to would mean no more dealing with bitchy patients, not to mention $5/hour more than I currently make, plus great benefits. I could actually have health insurance :slight_smile:.

3 Likes

Good luck! I hope you get it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@freakonaleash good luck mate.
You should remember to value your capacity to work,
that’s tremendous especially for someone with schizoaffective.

2 Likes

i’m hoping to write some stuff this friday night. I’ve been tardy with my writings lately

1 Like

Awesome. I was writing an essay/prose the other night.

1 Like

Server thunderstorms watch until 5 A.M. Saturday. Flash flood watch until 1 A.M. Monday.
That is how I spending my Friday and weekend. Watching the lighting and listening to the creek roar.
I’m prepared to stay home and be flooded in for the weekend.

2 Likes