No one wanted to be seen with me

Oh, thankyou so much @Leaf . I feel the exact same way about you! YOU’RE awesome!

1 Like

Thank you for your kind words of solace @anon97859349.

1 Like

You’re welcome @SkinnyMe! Hang in there! Hugs! :hugs:

1 Like

I dont feel that way about other people. I have been isolated for the past year or two…a bit self-conscious about how I look rn but thats ok. There are some really mean people in the world. If I could, I would put on some makeup and go outside and do things, but I live 20 minutes from anything, and I dont have a car…so I am planning to take off for good and move because I cant take the isolation anymore…

1 Like

I’m so sorry @SkinnyMe . I have lost a few friends now to alcohol and drugs, but never to suicide. That must be very hard

I can certainly understand if you don’t want to talk about it

Edit oh my God, I just re-read your post. I thought you had said your mom had passed. I don’t know how I missed read that, my apologies. I feel like an idiot

1 Like

I ■■■■■■ this big girl once a few times. About three years after the initial sex education I tried to hook up with her again. She wanted to go out in public. I refused. I’m pretty sure I got her pregnant. The reason I didn’t go out with her is because I don’t like going out. She thought it was because she was fat. The point of the story is you never know why somebody doesn’t want to go out in public. It probably has more to do with them than you.

1 Like

But when these same people don’t have any issues about being seen with people other than you, you can’t help but wonder. @Enlightenedbeing

1 Like

I am sorry to hear that @SkinnyMe

1 Like

I’m so sorry about your son. I can’t even imagine your pain.

I think the people who are unwilling to see you in public aren’t worth your time at all. That’s very shallow. Try ways to make new friends. Real Friends. That’s what I want.

2 Likes

that sucks that they didn’t want to go public with you… i don’t get why either, you are a great person.

Personally i don’t like going out in public…

2 Likes

Don t take it personal.its a real cliche for sz patient.

1 Like

My Dad was embarrassed by his kids - it was all his self consciousness and nervousness. It never changed when we grew up, either. He was always teaching manners as if that made the difference. So tense.

Those people are all out of my life now. I have no friends today.

Can you join a club, go to group therapy, go to a clubhouse for mentally ill people, or meetup.com?

2 Likes

I’m sorry @PinCushion . 15151515

I meant to say I have no irl friends. And I have no car and don’t drive. I am a city hermit. I enjoy my life as it is now.

1 Like

Life is difficult, @SkinnyMe. Go figure, those who have social happiness might have other problems that we don’t have.

2 Likes

That’s wonderful that you’re content with your life :slight_smile: I’m very happy for you

1 Like

Thank you @CoCo . And are you happy with your life? I know you still struggle with sz symptoms. That must be very hard and I feel for you and pray for you.

On a positive note, you’ve recently lost a lot of weight totally by your own effort. That must give you a great sense of accomplishment and success. And success experiences go a long way toward healing sz symptoms. God bless.

1 Like

Thanks @SkinnyMe. I am very thankful for my loving husband and my kids and others who are in my life. I have problems but having them keeps me grounded as much as possible.

1 Like