No More Meme Threads

Some of you probably notice the meme thread is closed.

It will remain closed.

The thread was started as lighthearted fun and became a cesspool of politics, violence, misogyny, and delusional pictures that aren’t even memes.

So from now on, if a meme is funny or relevant to a topic, that’s fine and allowed- as long as it is within rules.

But there will not be a new dedicated meme thread for a while. We (the team) will revisit that topic later on.

8 Likes

Boo! Hiss…

I understand your position, but I just want to express my opposition formally and politely…

Your site, your rules. If I don’t like it I can go elsewhere. (I know) :wink:

1 Like

@labratmat , I get it. It’s just…do we babysit and delete over and over? Or just shut it down.

@Ooorgle started it in good fun. It’s nothing like it was.

1 Like

Then those posting shouldn’t act like children.

This is a support forum, not a meme dump. There’s plenty of those on the net.

N/m. I see you deleted.

Was once a beautiful place, triggers were respected, nothing past pg-13, jovial light hearted humor.

At the most I had 8.9k likes on a single thread.

It was a different time. Different crew. But it’s dead now, ruined and corrupted. A fallen empire.

I’m not sad to see it go, it became the opposite of the original vision.

5 Likes

Interesting - never knew what went on in that thread.

It’s really sad that we’ve had to close such a long standing thread because of a few members.

It was not fun to see it go off the rails.

3 Likes

People will probably pollute the affirmations topic with them, especially since the distinction between the two appears to be lost on many.

Harumph.

4 Likes

Sorry, but that one has to close as well. No meme threads at all. It’s sad, but we have to do them all.

At some point can you consider a policy of just banning the handful of idiots?

2 Likes

You know that we can’t permaban unless it’s bad bad.

No no no, just the forum equivalent of an arseful of Haldol and several days in the Quiet Room.

:wink:

1 Like

Ha! Well, that’s probably what will happen.

2 Likes

@shutterbug the combination of relief and frustration when you no longer have access to the deleted posts that caused a thread to be locked.

1 Like

I’m okay without seeing them - I get enough dumb in my life at work so I don’t need more.

1 Like

Yeahhh the meme threads kinda devolved to a deranged dystopia.

I don’t blame yall for not wanting to deal with them anymore.

I will miss the good parts of it though.

4 Likes

I suppose everyone can get back to moaning and complaining 24/7 now with no distractions…

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

OH. MY NEGATIVES SO BAD. LIFE SO HARD.

(Better?)

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

When people can use it without breaking the rules, it’ll be back.

1 Like

How will we know that if doesn’t come back?

1 Like