No longer beyond my means

After a very bad mania where I spent a large sum of money on credit, I am having to learn how to live within my means. It isn’t easy. Trying to cut back where I can.
Anyone have good ways to save?

2 Likes

shop for groceries at the cheap discount stores and only buy whats on sale

4 Likes

I save a decent amount of money living with my parents, they charge me $200/month, and I pocket the rest. if not for that i’d be broke.

dad wants me out and working. thinks it will be good for me.

sometimes I wish I had back all the money I spent frivolously in my 20’s. i’d have enough money to buy that 1br 1ba place im looking at.

1 Like

I spent a lot of money on trips when I was younger. I wanted to see the country and I did. don’t really regret it I just wish I had my money back

also I used to buy organic food, because I was concerned with my health. now I make more economical decisions, whereas I used to spend 100 week on food I now spend 50/week on food.

1 Like

I definitely shop the bargains especially on meat. Trying to find simpler meals. On the weeks that the kids are at their dad’s place i live off probably $20 or less. About $150 When they are here. But I get sucked into ordering out.

1 Like

I wouldn’t regret travel when I was younger. I wish i had more but those days are done.

1 Like

Did you ever try getting money back on groceries with ibotta

1 Like

I’ll check it out
Might not be available in Canada

Same here, i have $600 a month in minimum payments. I got a vaporizer so that saves 3–400 bucks a month. I try to read books and be happy with my collection and if i must i choose used over new. I like energy drinks but theyre expensive too, so i dont buy them often. Coffee maker for $18 at walmart instead of mcdonalds coffee. I live rent free but if you have to live on your own theres always places that are cheap asf if you know where to look. I knew a place that rented me a room for 160 a month for about 120-150 sqft. Dont eat out. With discipline i could be debt free in a year or two.

1 Like

For the 3 of us in my community there are no places cheaper than mine. And I am paying $1270 a month plus utilities. I just applied for rent assist so I’ll be in better shape if they say I qualify. Just this coming month will be really tough.

1 Like

The app in Canada like it is called zweet

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.