Schizophrenia.com

No junk food or fast food for a week

It’s tough. I’m going for a colonoscopy in a week. I am allowed very little. Just a few miscellaneous foods like creamy peanut butter, eggs, cheese. Luckily I can eat meat and certain fruit. I’m taking this diet seriously. Last time I wasn’t cleansed enough so instead of another five years it’s only been two years.

10 Likes

You’ll be fine. Drinking goo. Bleh.

2 Likes

They make you drink this cocktail from the Pharmacy the night before the procedure. It basically almost blows out your O Ring.

3 Likes

Yep, I already got the mix. I’m supposed to take it in two separate doses.

2 Likes

Good job Nick! It’s not pleasant but you got this!

2 Likes

A week is nothing. You’ve got to be committed from the start of New Year’s up until today. It’s a total lifestyle change and keeping that lifestyle.

good luck with the colonoscopy! it must be hard doing the diet before it…

1 Like

Oh god that nasty disgusting gel they have you drink. Good luck.

1 Like

Last time I had to drink a gallon of that stuff. This time the medicine came in a little 6 oz. bottle that they had me mix with water to make a 16 oz. solution. It was pretty strong but they gave me a tip and said to get a lemon slice and keep dipping it in sugar and then drink the solution. They were right: I used the lemon after each sip and it totally killed the taste of the solution. I drank it right down.

2 Likes

I’ll let my mom know. Thx. I mixed gatorade with gel it helped. Sigh boy

1 Like

Yeah the liquid you have to drink up to the colonoscopy is gross, or used to be, but then when it’s all over you get to wake up delerious farting in a room of farting delerious people.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.