No job? How do you spend your day?

Hi I have no job and no SS. I am into Archery and have a 350fps compound bow I shoot targets with. Then after archery located in the same place is a nice lake to fish. So I go fishing. Most days I start my day off with the gym. In the evening I am making music in my studio. So I don’t have a job but I get to get a lot of me time done. And that is something even the rich wish they had.

5 Likes

sounds nice…i am a student but when im on summer or winter break, its ridiculous how i have nothing to do. I workout every other day (i go hard so i get sore and sleep alot) and watch movies or anime shows or talk to friends all day

3 Likes

I’m lucky and on SSI. But i have no job, i spend most of the day taking care of my animals. I have a dog, a salamander and a uromastyx. Then i take care of my in law’s two dogs plus their bird. It’s busy in our apartment with all the animals. I sometimes have to do chores for myself or my in laws house like shoveling their cars out or vacuuming their house.

2 Likes

I don’t do much. Most of my time is spent online. I also watch tv(mainly but not exclusively in the evening). Very occasionally i read a book. Most Thursdays i attend a small group for a couple of hours.
Most days at some point(s) it seems pointless being up so i go back to bed.
I wish i had a drop in i could go to.

1 Like

I have no free time even though I don’t have “job”
There is 6 indoor cats, a house, a husband, my mother, her dog and her house to take care of during the day. I just do as much as I can, and somedays not much gets done. Everyone gets fed, has clean clothes, and a fairly clean house…my “job” is done.

5 Likes

I don’t have a job but I manage our farm. I give instructions to our workers, I do delivered lettuce, cook for food look after my husband. Then this month we will open another new business. I do all the payments bills for this year too. My life is too busy which is I seldom to sit around. Every morning I do my exercises too if I am too busy in the morning I will do it in the afternoon.

I also meet my friends or talked on the cellphone. My mother is helping me to do some of the jobs here in our house so it makes my life a little bit easy and comfortable.

3 Likes

I think I have full time job with my twins and house chores plus volunteering and college. I can do this all things only on the small dosage of meds before I was zombi.

3 Likes

I listen to music alot, like right now im listening to a tommy emmanuel concert.

And i sit around thinking about things, like how to move people away from the coast in japan so they aren’t repeatedly destroyed by tsunamis, and how to discontinue childbirth so that no one has to be forced to do this and die. And i imagine what i would do to my parents if i had a time machine, before they were able to have me that is, oh what i would do to them.

And alot of internet, i’ve been really into “vice” videos on youtube lately, now thats freaking news right there, that liberia bullshyte just killed me, i can’t believe that shyte is happening!

And of course i put alot of effort into not killing myself, thats a full time job in my line of work.

I smoke religiously also, i love it to.

1 Like

usually on painkillers for migraines. i go through phases where i get them everyday for 2 or 3 weeks then i’m clear for a couple of weeks in which i try and b as productive as possible in the house, taking the dogs to the woods etcetera, then it’s back to square one again, however many pain killers i take. i have to take muscle relaxants aswell as painkillers and that usually helps but they put me to sleep so i have to pick and choose when i take them. such is life!

1 Like

i hate having nothing to do but i like doing something and then relaxing, i go to college, volunteer a bit, visit family, and now i am caring for my mums dog for a few days every week (she has two dogs and i thought it would be good for them to spend time apart) the dog has had a good run today down by the river in the woods
i also have a python and i sometimes do woodwork.

2 Likes

I spend my day battling energy loss

I just stay scheming :sunglasses:

Sometimes I clean up my apartment. Sometimes I cook something new or interesting. Sometimes I listen to music. Sometimes I look at the news or keep up with sports. Occasionally an interesting weather event worth following occurs.I also go to the grocery, pharmacy, doctor, or store with Mom or do laundry at her house. I also go to Mom’s to visit my other family when they visit her or my younger brother when he cooks. It’s usually pretty boring but not all bad.

1 Like

You don’t want to know!

JK! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

At work in fuel truck right now. Power out in town. Fueling town and emergency vehicles. I do archery with an Olympic recurve bow when I have free time.

Pixel.

2 Likes

Just one year ago I had a lot more free time to pursue hobbies and such. Now that I moved to Alaska on the dec 7, I located the behavioral health got a new provider. And been cutting firewood. I still need to find a gym. 77.01$ monthly is too pricey with the economy and all up here but they have other gyms in town. Hope to follow up my ssi finally. I plan on doing some fishing in the summer though. Alaskan summers can be beautiful.

LWD

1 Like