Schizophrenia.com

No happiness. What to try?

Its more than 7 years and I have forgotten how it feels to feel happy.
Tried L theanine, abilify, solian,bupropion.
Nothing worked.
What next should I try?

1 Like

First I would suggest a more private username.

I like cymbalta for and AD, though. It works really well for me.

Are you on an antipsychotic?

Yes I am on clozapine and clomipramine 25mg

1 Like

Is that your real name?

This forum is public and we suggest changing it to protect your privacy. Please choose a new name and I or another mod can change it.

1 Like

When it came to depression CBT really helped me. It helped me look at things differently and over time my depression faded. I am no longer on AD’s.

1 Like

Im a bit low sometimes - and was on sertraline 200mg for over 20 years, before they took me off them.

I do get a lift from the anti-depressant properties of seraquol tho, when ive done a dose the night before.

Yeah and as said - if your not 100% sure about broadcasting your name, i would change it, incase you get para later on. I havent - but then im comfortable with it - and couldnt care less if someone hunted me down lol.

3 Likes

My username is my first initial plus the first 3 letters of my last name.

My real names italy

1 Like

You’re full of it. Really? Well I have a kid named “Sparrow” so it could be true.

1 Like

I am full of it! Ha sorry @Loke!

2 Likes

Haha :laughing:. You turkey!! Yeah my girl’s name really is Sparrow. My grandmother thinks I picked that name cos I’m part Native American but actually my niece name is Raven and she was born first. The day before I went into labor I picked out a bird name. True story

2 Likes

It’s a cool name @Loke , I like raven too

1 Like

Well thank you :pray:.

1 Like

Yeah sure, I will change it.
But nobody told me what should I try next apart from changing my username.

1 Like

Sometimes happiness is something you can work towards for the future. Admiring nature makes me happy and is all around me. I literally love the seasons and the fauna and flora. Being in the moment with a love of nature is lovely.

• journaling Or therapy, talking about problems is good.
  • medication, trial and error.
  • exercise, yoga, running, anything.
  • being kind.
  • work or other activity.

That was all i know for now.
Hope it helps.

1 Like

I would suggest adding an antidepressant. They’re are a ton of options. There’s also a blood test you can have dinner to see which ones will work best for you if you want to skip to the end.

Meanwhile, I suggest getting a therapist. Look up mindfulness and practice that. Journal and list your 3 favorite things about each day. Mantras work for some people, you could try that.

More than anything, though, you shouldn’t try to be happy. You should aim for content. No one is always happy and having that be your goal is unrealistic.

2 Likes

A dog changed a lot for me even though the other things should have brought me the happy feeling. I don’t know if that is possible for you.

1 Like

Your Higher Power. 151515

1 Like

Try pretending you’re happy. It’s what I do. Seriously, I’m a dark soul.

2 Likes