No energy to eat

Yes, big time. The majority of his fluids come from his daily Boost shake, honestly. We also keep juice boxes and mini gatorades around. If he sees one big drink, or has to think about pouring a glass, he just won’t. Even if we pour the glass for him, he will mostly ignore it. But if it comes in a tiny bottle, he can handle it. Straws have been critical for us.

2 Likes

Yes!

Yes!

I Have Been in a Dark Place When it Comes to Food And Drink Long Ago. So I Can Say That Yes These Little Seemingly Odd Things Can Help… . … :100:

3 Likes

Super interesting. I will give it a try. At this point I can handle pouring it. So maybe I will start with shotglasses (I don’t own small glasses, just big ones) of juice or water or whatever and work up from there.

If you don’t mind me asking, is the ARFID related to anything? I don’t know much about it. No worries if you’re not comfortable sharing that.

I have tried to look into this so I know if I should go see a doctor but nothing comes up. Except for maybe pituitary lesion which I honestly think is pretty unlikely.

1 Like

ARFID is commonly found in people with ADHD or sensory processing disorders such as autism. Starlet has ADHD. it is characterized by being unable to recognize and honor hunger cues, finding certain foods/textures too horrible to eat, and using lack of food as a way of exerting control over your life. It does not come with the body image issues that are present in most eating disorders.

2 Likes

Thank you @Ninjastar. All this information has been invaluable.

1 Like

yesterday i had a roll and sausage, a bowl of soup with some bread and a burger,
it was the most i have had for a while, i also ate some cholcolate.

i’m going to make a roll and sausage again and a drink of tea now.

1 Like

Yeah it can be hard to get enough food in. Sausage is one of the things I really miss since going pescatarian. Enjoy your meal. It sounds yummy.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.