No empty beds for women

I went to the emergency room last night and because I am afliated with a certain mental health clinic I had to go to a certain mental health inpatient treatment center. But they had no empty beds for women. They only had one bed empty and it came with a male roommate. They kept me overnight and released me with a few days supply of Ativan and a doctor appointment Thursday. I am supposed to contact my case manager too. My therapist called me and we talked for about 20 minutes. She asked if I wanted to see her sooner than in 2 weeks.

3 Likes

Are you going to see her sooner?

Are you okay? That sucks they didn’t have a bed for you.

Soonest I could get in and take a Medicaid can is Thursday at 8am. She wanted to see me Tuesday but Medicaid cab needs a two days notice at least. My case manager wanted to take me to my appointment but she has to go to Indy with a client

3 Likes

Sounds like you have some good support around you… Make sure to make the most of it and always be true to yourself…!

3 Likes

Are u unstable @cbbrown…??? Get well soon…

3 Likes

I try. I got offered to go out to lunch with my in-laws I told them no. I blame them for this. They know isolation causes my symptoms to increase my case manager explained this several times and how do they punish me by keeping me alone when my partner is at work.

1 Like

Sorry I just I don’t know. I’m hearing their voices talking about me and my partner said it wasn’t them this time that I was hearing things.

I love my partner she got off work and stayed with me all night. She didn’t get much sleep

1 Like

Do you live close enough to anything that you can walk somewhere? Even just a park? Maybe getting some fresh air would help?

I’m currently sitting at the pharmacy waiting for my amitriptyline and Ativan. I might sit here awhile before leaving. I got a Arizona green tea and a bottle of Tylenol for my ankle. The pharmacy I go to now is just a couple of blocks away from the house.

1 Like

That could be a good place to walk to to escape. Chat up the old people that tend to want to talk to everyone because they’re in the same boat you are and pretty lonely.

2 Likes

Hey I think you shouldn’t have to relay on your in laws for your well being… Try to find some other arrangement…

(God) bless and stay safe

1 Like

I know I try not to but my partner relys on them a lot . I was the bigger person today and told my partner if she wants to get her mom a mother’s day gift go ahead but I’m not going with.

I talked to my mom’s younger brother my favorite uncle. We talked about video games and what I could remember. He asked the dreaded question: where do you work? I didn’t tell him I’m mentally ill or anything because I don’t want him to think negatively of me

1 Like

Why don’t you just tell him you work at the Animal Shelter? You are volunteering there right? I hope your appointment goes well.

1 Like

True, I just socialized with some cats. There was this beautiful Siamese mix there I felt bad for her. She was an owner surrender because the original owner passed away.

2 Likes

My sister has a beautiful Saimese. Elsie. I just love her.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.