No effect of benzo?

I have tried taking benzos for anxiety, it doesn’t help at all. Is it because I am on zyprexa? I think I remember someone say that zyprexa is a type of benzo.

I’m switching to latuda. Maybe I will get effect from it on latuda?

3 Likes

Strange… im also on olanzapine but I take a benzo too and it helps a lot

3 Likes

Zyprexa imo does not have the same effect as traditional benzodiazepines.

I also am on Latuda which does nothing for anxiety. It does have an antidepressant effect.

I take xanax for anxiety.

2 Likes

I take Klonopin for anxiety. Works for me. :hear_no_evil::hear_no_evil::hear_no_evil:

1 Like

It doesn’t work for me. I had this one time when I took a benzo and I felt the effects maybe 10 hours later.

A long time ago I was given benzos. They had no affect on me at all.

I’ve used benzos a couple of times in my life and they only improved my sleeping. Don’t use them for more than a short period of time because they are very addictive just like cigarettes and alcohol.

Benzos should have an effect. Try 2mg lorazepam every 4 hours twice a day. Really calming effect.

Idk but I wish I still had my Klonopin.

I have been prescribed an antidepressant for anxiety and since taking it (citalopram) I’ve had almost no anxiety . Works more long term than benzos

2 Likes

As benzos wear off, patients often get withdrawal anxiety that can be similar to the original anxiety. Some scientists believe benzos contribute to neurodegeneration. Most modern health systems discourage their use now.

2 Likes

Where I go for psychiatric care, they don’t allow any patients to have benzos. No worry for me though because it doesn’t do anything for me anyway.

1 Like

The only benzo that I really can’t survive without for a single day is the Dibenzodiazepine Seroquel. I’ve the same effect on this meds like people have mentioned on the benzodiazepines and I really like being on that meds.

Seroquel is not a benzo. It’s an AP - an an antipsychotic

2 Likes

I have a vague memory that the ‘pine’ APs might have part of the benzo molecular structure. Cross between a benzo and an AP

1 Like

What are “pine” APs?

1 Like

Quetiapine
Olanzapine
Clozapine

2 Likes

i have 2 as needed klonapin 1mg a piece
i also take propanol four times a day to help with side effects

Ok. Got it, so what’s different about them?

1 Like

I could be spouting rubbish but I think the creators of the first pine APs wanted to see if they could find a molecule that in some respects resembled a benzodiazepine and in other respects looked like a typical AP

I think they literally screwed around with the molecules in a lab and tested them on mice (a long time before coming close to human clinical trials).

That is how a lot of meds are eventually released. They start as ‘research chemicals’ used on mice. Often dozens of slightly different molecules are synthesised then tested on mice. The ones that look good are advanced forward to primate testing etc

2 Likes