@ninjastar CONGRATULATIONS!

@Ninjastar
You two are PARENTS!! Yippeeeee! Hooooray! Wahooooo!! Soooo very happy for you both! How are the kids adjusting? Are they sleeping okay? Did you have enough baby items and toys for them or did you need to get more once you found out about placement? Do they go to day care or stay home with you or mr star? Are you nervous? Are your extended families welcoming?! I love that you are doing this!!! It’s incredibly special!!

19 Likes

I second @FlyingPurplePeopleMeeter! Congratulations!!!

3 Likes

We had to rush out and buy a second crib. Another foster mom gave us a car seat and mattress and a ton of cute clothes. We have loads of toys already, and we have enough formula. Had to get diapers, though. We had no idea what size they would need. We need to run out and buy whole milk and shoes for the toddler, and more distilled water for the baby’s bottles.

Thanks for the congratulations! We are super excited!

21 Likes

Just heard about this! Well done! I’m happy for you!

3 Likes

Wow! This is wonderful news! You just made my day, @Ninjastar; I love that you did this.

3 Likes

My quote on Parenthood?

"Long days. Fast years"

Congratulations!

5 Likes

Wow!! AMAZING!! Isn’t it the most exhilarating, terrifying, happiest of feelings?! I have big hopes for your family!

That’s a LOT to buy and round up! I’m so glad you have a friend who could immediately help you out! Great you had toys and formula! Diapers are hard to size before you meet the kids, but you can finagle, for sure! Costco sells packages of whole milk, you definitely go through a ton! Cute to buy shoes!

I’m just beside myself EXCITED for you!! Enjoy EVERY moment, every first, every trial, every celebration! And remember to laugh!

5 Likes

Congrats on your family @Ninjastar!! Wishing you tons of happy moments!

3 Likes

When my girls were toddlers, I’d put them on my shoulders…then they’d wrap their little hands around my eyes.

So I couldn’t see, and I’d walk around the apartment and say something like…"Oh! I think the phone just rang! Then I’d pick up the iron from the ironing board and pretend that I got burnt and yelled out loud!

Then I’d say “Well, I’m going to watch some TV”. Then I’d turn on the oven dial instead. Then I’d say something like "Looks like I need an umbrella today, and pick up the broom and head outside.

We called it The Blind Game. My kids thought it was hilarious, and still talk about it till this day as teenagers!

9 Likes

Congratulations @Ninjastar

You and Mr. Star are going to make wonderful parents.

:grinning:

3 Likes

Congratulations @Ninjastar! I’m so happy your dream came true! :purple_heart:

3 Likes

Congratulations @Ninjastar

3 Likes

Huzzah @Ninjastar! You will do great!

3 Likes

I’m so happy for you! Congratulations!

3 Likes

Congratulations! You will do amazing!!

3 Likes

Congratulations! @Ninjastar A boy or a girl?

3 Likes

Congratulations. Very brave !

3 Likes

Kids keep you young. They force you to have that second gear. And the bonus is, you get to relive your own childhood again through your own kids…the movies…the games…the cartoons…the toys…the books/stories…everything! :sunny:

4 Likes

@Ninjastar
You’ve been patiently waiting, and now you and Mr Star are parents. That’s so exciting! I’m so happy for you!

I often wonder how it would feel to be a parent. I’m living vicariously through you. I’m just so proud of you two.

3 Likes

Congratulations @Ninjastar!
This is so wonderful!

3 Likes