Nighttime paranoia

Does anyone experience paranoia at night? What do you tend to experience?

I’m asking because I experienced a little bit of this late at night when I was going to sleep (although it’s my fault because of a video I was watching earlier). It especially does not help that I tend to get more anxious/paranoid because of the fact that it’s getting darker earlier as well. It’s also pretty embarrassing because I’m 20 and it makes me seem like I’m still afraid of the dark.

My symptoms are pretty manageable but it’s something I wanted to ask you guys because I want to see how many of us there are.

I see things at night like shadows going past my door. I just take my meds and face the other way. I hope you get to feeling better.

1 Like

Yeah I’d say it happens to me too. When the meds are working well, I’m usually able to get through it. But yeah, nighttime seems to ramp things up a bit with the paranoia.

1 Like

For some reason nighttime is when my paranoia tends to come out the strongest, especially when im outside in a well-lit and populated area. Something about artificial lights outside at night makes everything look fake and uncanny and surreal.

2 Likes

My paranoia is significantly elevated at night also. Moreso if I’m in the city by myself. At home, every sound has a significance, every noise means something, usually I just take my meds and go to bed.

2 Likes

Just now getting to the thread because it’s been a busy day.

So glad to know I’m not the only one who struggles with this. There definitely is something about nighttime that makes my paranoia skyrocket. Doesn’t help when you’re interested in creepy things, but I pretty much brought it on myself. It still really sucks, though. :confused:

Thank you everyone for the responses!

1 Like

I usually get paranoid at night. Sometimes I am scared of taking the meds but the clozapine puts me to sleep.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.