Nightmaresnightmares all the time

Anybody else have nightmares every single night?? It’s debilitating. Not to mention I smoke like crazy afterwards.

I’ve been through long periods like that. Only last night I found myself in some desert which turns out was somewhere in Japan. I knew it couldn’t be true because there are no deserts in Japan, so the cognitive dissonance turned the dream into a nightmare.

1 Like

I know the feeling. They’re horrible and I wake up sweating with a big ball of fear and anxiety in the pit of my stomach. Just wish I could finally get a good night’s sleep…

1 Like

I get the sweats too. I think my fear of dreaming might be driving my growing unwillingness to sleep for long periods of time. I feel embarrassed to admit this but sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night crying, yet I feel fairly happy during the day.

1 Like

I absolutely hate nightmares. Been having a few recently. I notice when I eat just before bedtime it happens.

1 Like

And thats not healthy either…

1 Like

I wonder if mine is from my medicine sometimes?

2 Likes

Are you sure you don’t snore or have sleep apnea?

1 Like

I do actually have sleep apnea- severe. I use a cpap machine but when I have my nightmares I still wake up out of breath!

Ok. Use the machine. Don’t worry about your nightmares, they can’t hurt you. :wink:

1 Like

Mmm I guess you’re right but it sure doesn’t feel that way says the pains in my stomach :grimacing:.

Your stomach hurts when you wake up?

Yes terribly bad!

That sounds weird. You might have problems with your stomach like acid reflux or an obstruction of some sort? I would go talk to a doctor.

1 Like

I still haven’t stopped smoking…

Yes I have pretty bad acid reflux but I really think it’s because the nightmare makes my anxiety so severe.

I have klonopin but I don’t like to take them alot. They make me feel weird sometimes.

Yeah avoid taking those, they might cause dependency. Emergency only.

1 Like

It could be yes. But your body may adapt to the medication over time.

1 Like

Not every night but for sure once a week

1 Like