Nicotine withdrawal

Did you experience these when stopping nicotine?

Nicotine withdrawal is a group of symptoms that occur in the first few weeks after stopping or decreasing use of nicotine. Symptoms include intense cravings for nicotine, anger or irritability, anxiety, depression, impatience, trouble sleeping, restlessness, hunger or weight gain, and difficulty concentrating. Withdrawal symptoms make it harder to quit nicotine products and most methods for quitting smoking involve reducing nicotine withdrawal. Quit smoking programs can make it easier to quit. Nicotine withdrawal is recognized in both the American Psychiatric Association Diagnostic and Statistical Manual and the WHO International Classification of Diseases.”

I quit smoking in May 2011 Cold Turkey when I came down with emphysema. I had the withdrawal symptoms you mentioned. They eased up a little bit after a month and were pretty much gone after three months.

1 Like

I had impatence. Drinking a lot of water helps cravings i know it sounds weird. I also Think patches are the best NRT.

2 Likes

I will stop vaping once I reduce my negative symptoms. I am adding 5mg Abilify to my 3mg Risperdal this week. I hope my pdr accepts and that it works.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.