Nicotine and Schizophrenia

Hey guys,
First thread here. I was wondering if anyone could help me understand nicotine and schizophrenia.
Is it harmful or beneficial? I found evidence for both so I’m kind of confused. I quit smoking cigarettes but I still vape and I’m wondering if I should keep doing that or not.

Thanks.

-PJB

Nicotine is a nasty drug and your way better off without it.

It seems to be an anti anxietal agent and operates on neurotransmitters in your head. Some do worse with it than others.

I was an addict for years and sure you think it helps but have done so much better things for my health since.

Give up the nicotine if you can!

2 Likes

Thank you. I’ll try. I used to smoke a pack a day minimum and sometimes 3 packs a day when I was very psychotic. It’s only been 14 days free from cigarettes.

2 Likes

Yeah you won’t regret giving up. Best thing I ever did for my health and I smoked a pack a day thereabouts from 14 till 39. I’m soon to be ten years off of cigs. It’s a worthwhile thing to do so good luck!

2 Likes

Much appreciated rogueone. I’ll think of your comment when I get cravings :smile:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.