News scary news trigger

Apparently a rocket is going to crash (uncontrolled) somewhere on earth on Saturday

I’m just feeling a tad uneasy :joy:

3 Likes

Yeah it was on the news I didn’t listen to the whole story though. It’s a Chinese rocket that’s all I remember now. Fingers crossed it falls in the ocean or in the middle of nowhere.

1 Like

yea i heard it too… kinda scary huh.

1 Like

If it crashes on someone it will be similar to the last death in final destination 5 pretty eerie.

1 Like

What are the statistics to get killed by an uncontrolled rocket. I think its more likely to get harmed by a falling flowerpot.

1 Like

My mind is weird. I do like this to be done and over with. You’re right it’s unlikely

1 Like

I hope the rocket lands on my ex lover. He was a jerk to me and deserves to have a rocket land on him. :japanese_goblin:

6 Likes

If it makes you feel better, this has happened before. The news is hyping it WAY up but it’ll just break apart in re-entry and the tiny pieces will probably fall in the ocean. It IS really irresponsible of China’s space program to keep doing this, though.

4 Likes

Yea it is bothering me just slightly.

I used to have a fear of aeroplane parts falling on me.

That’s gone now I think.

Thanks

1 Like

Thanks ninja for the reassuring voice. It’s slow news right now, so if they have something they can hype, they will. Panic for the masses, as usual.

1 Like

It freaked me out too when I first saw the article, so I did some research. Hang on and I can try to find the stuff that reassured me.

Our local news said "Yeah, there’s 6 different places this thing could fall, and 5 of them are in (my small town). Yeah right. It’ll burn up and MAYBE someone gets a rock in their backyard that wasn’t there before. The Earth is 73% ocean, and the chances are that most of it will fall there, if it even makes it to surface level.

Wondering, they tried to swipe covid under the carpet in the beginning. These days they are warning us about their accidents.

You’ve never seen Donnie Darko have you?

You probably shouldn’t watch it if you’re prone to overanalyzing coincidences lol. Great movie though.

1 Like

Yeah, it will mostly break/burn up on reentry. I suspect the likelihood of it falling one you is a lot less than getting struck by lightning. There are bigger and much more likely things to worry about if you want something to worry about.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.