Schizophrenia.com

Newly DX added of ADD have some questions

To add to my growing list of diagnoses, I was now hit with the label of ADD. Pdoc said I probably always had it, it was just other things seemed to rise the fore front earlier.

Does anybody take Effexor XR to help with symptoms? I really don’t do good on stimulants and we are talking about trying it.

yeah, generic, Venlafaxine.

if your doc says so, I just upped mine,
cuz of dark feelings.

hope you get the right cocktail. takes time.

1 Like

Thanks. I hope with therapy and some skills and meds I can get to more organized less stressful way of life.

1 Like

yeah. you know, my one side of the family has anxiety,

and the other side has depression.
so, I’m kinda stuck with a lot too.
no sz though, in my family.

2 Likes

I just got diagnosed with ADD. I am taking a different med, but in my experience the meds are far from a miracle. They do help, but not the way I was expecting. It is like, instead of lying in bed reading all day, I now REMEMBER I have to do other things, and I understand the steps to get them done more clearly. I still have trouble doing those things, especially on bad days. I was hoping it would be more effective, honestly.

2 Likes

Have you read up on tips to overcome executive dysfunction?

2 Likes

I used to take effexor.
Didnt work

1 Like

I have adhd hyperactive type. I take ritalin and Wellbutrin.

2 Likes

I am very compulsive and disorganized. I couldn’t keep a shoe box organized, that is assuming that I didn’t lose the shoe box to begin with. There are certain things that I have laser focus on and others I can’t keep on my mind longer than a few seconds at time.

1 Like

Never heard of it, any suggestions on reading material on the subject?

1 Like

Honestly, go to tiktok and search adhd and just scroll. There’s a massive adhd community in tiktok that do educational videos.

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll try tiktok, never been on it before.

If you’re in Facebook I can recommend some really good groups

1 Like

suggest away please do

I have a quiz on executive functions. Unfortunately, I can’t share them publicly on here, because I’m not sure if that would violate copyright laws. If anyone wanted to PM me for TOTALLY UNRELATED reasons im sure we could just “chat” about certain things winkwinknudgenudge.

1 Like

Sorry @LED I had to delete the links because advertising for offsite communication is prohibited.

2 Likes