Newcomer recently diagnosed w/ Bipolar II

Hi everyone! My name is Jace, I’m 42 and currently live in the 'burbs of Chicago. This is my first time to this site and it seems to have some good info. I was recently diagnosed w/ Bipolar II disorder after months of seeing a psychiatrist. After about my 4th or 5th session he recommended a psychiatric test and according to the results that is what has been determined. Of course it’s not the news anyone wants to hear, but it wasn’t a total surprise considering my family history. Yesterday he switched some of my meds around so we will see if there is any change in my mood and/or behavior in the coming weeks I suppose. Two of the meds are apparently very new to the market, so it will be interesting to see how it goes I suppose. Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself :blush:

5 Likes

Welcome to the forum JustJace2u !

1 Like

Thanks! I hope I can be of help to others as well.

1 Like

for schizophrenics this is hard. I had my kids, got a degree, then started slipping a few years later. My mother said, “you’ve always been weird.” Thanks, mom.

I didn’t believe it. And didn’t want to think I was any different than anyone else.

Those who readily accept their condition, in my opinion, which means nothing, may get what they want.

I don’t understand how a psychotic disorder and mood disorder can evolve into the other. I don’t have a mood disorder, I had schizophrenia and then realized the medication balanced me. Then I was better and was diagnosed with Bipolar1 and GAD. Hydroxazine makes me paranoid and break out in hives. And Abilify just makes me want to sleep and makes me paranoid and depressed. Like the last two days I tried taking it, I had paranoid thoughts upon falling asleep. I’m starting to wonder how I can treat a thought disorder if I’m not sure if I have one. Most of this is situation related. Like, I feel helpless. I feel like I have no way out. I’m told I have to move out soon, without an idea of if I’m able to stay in my mother’s house the 6 months she will be away. I’m scared to open up because I feel like I have no privacy. No one understands me.

2 Likes

Hey and welcome Jace :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the warm welcome :blush:

1 Like