New Zealand scraps world-first smoking ‘generation ban’ to fund tax cuts

1 Like

Does this mean there NOT doing it, its just i thought they were

They’re not doing it now.

2 Likes

I think its totally unfair penalising smokers. Im glad there not doing it, haha, people often smoke because they need a stress release and its safer than drugs. Im glad i smoke it helps my stress

3 Likes

Ducky,

If a country bans smoking from the people, I wonder how the smokers would cope…

I ask because it’s never been done before. Makes me curious.

I’m glad I’m not addicted because it’s an unhealthy way to deal with stress. But yea, I understand life is not perfect for anyone

2 Likes

my brother is in New Zealand !! wow, glad they didn’t do it…let them smoke if they want to…everyone knows how bad they are…same with alcohol or drugs.

2 Likes

New Zealand had idea of banning new smokers so it would raise the age limit each year but now there realising smokers contribute massively to tax contributions because cigarettes and tobacco products are so heavily taxed

1 Like

Uk is umming and ahhing about doing similar thing here. They already tax it massively they take the absolute piss

1 Like

Oh right. Thanks for explaining.

I tried a ciggy once but I didn’t like it.

It made me cough and I didn’t enjoy the experience.

Anyway.

1 Like

Ive never inhaled it into my lungs i just blow it in and out my mouth but i still get nicotine

1 Like

@Zoe i meant to ask how are things going for you with your landlady is she still ok

1 Like

Yes she’s very nice. Strict but nice. She’s giving me until January 2024 to find a job which is kind of her, for extending the deadline.

How are you?

1 Like

Chewing gum. It helps.

1 Like

Good good thats brilliant

Well, my sleep is upside down and back to front im all over the place. Apart from that im ok i dont cope with anything especially the teenager living in flat below, she kicks off booting doors and Screaming and it triggers me really bad

1 Like

Oh my that sounds rough. Life is not easy when having mental health conditions.

:confused:I hope you find some relief through some hobbies or something.

At least smoking helps a bit

1 Like

This evening it was rough with neighbours and my hubby took me out for a drive at midnight just to destress because the neighbours were horrendous. I just hope they move out soon because there overcrowded 5 in a 2bed flat

1 Like

Just the same way everyone that smoked marijuana before it was legal. They would get it from a dealer.

Thats why canada legalized marijuana. Generates a ton of tax money.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.