New vaccine

I think a one shot vaccine just got approved by the FDA.

7 Likes

yea the johnson & johnson one i think… it will be approved here soon too.

5 Likes

I’m aiming to get the J&J vaccine.

4 Likes

I heard it’s less effective. Is that true?

1 Like

i heard it’s less effective for the mild virus reactions but it’s as effective as the others for strong reactions to the virus and getting into the hospital.

3 Likes

I just read it’s only 76% effective. The other shots are 95% effective

The cool thing is that it keeps you out of the hospital. The not so cool thing is that it doesn’t prevent the disease as well and if a future variant breaks through the part that keeps you out of there you are screwed buddy.

1 Like

@lekkerhondje got it right.
It’s less effective for mild reactions but has more potent protection against stronger reactions.

3 Likes

Ok. Thanks @Wave

2 Likes

Some bad news about one of the vaccines. This affects me personally.

2 Likes

I almost fell off my chair I thought you were talking of a one shot sz injection. My mind is always ahead of itself. Hmmm

1 Like

This affects me too.

@anon80629714 this was sent to me this morning and I was disappointed. I thought that this would be of interest to many as our darn antipsychotics make thinness a struggle.

2 Likes

Does the general population need to wait till July?

Biden says there should be vaccines for all adults by end of May.

1 Like

I received my first vaccine at the end of Feb, and it caused about a week of solid, torturous psychosis. Idk if that was my meds reacting, or the illness itself, or simply the stress of nerves about the pandemic and being vaccinated in general, but I did report my unexplained psychotic break and the uncharacteristic anger bursts I had to the CDC. If it happens to any of you, please report your reaction. I am not confident a lot of us would notice a heightened psychosis, and it took me 5 days of total despair and craziness to put it together that the symptoms started with the vaccine.

Just a heads up. Make a plan.

1 Like

I am sorry you experienced that @Sue_Bee . I got my first vaccine as well but no side effects for me. The second is supposed to be worse but I hope not for our sake.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.