New to clonazepam

Just started it and already my anxiety is doing better.

4 Likes

Clonazepam is a good medication.
Lasts all day, and isn’t as addicting as other benzos.
I’ve been on .5mg twice a day for a long time.

2 Likes

I take .75mg for my insomnia. It’s been working wonderfully. I don’t wake up during the course of the night.

I started taking Klonopin several months ago, and when I first took it my mind was a lot calmer, but now I don’t notice it, except when I forget to take it I won’t sleep.

I’m withdrawing from it. It’s hell, I’m shaky, jumpy and making real bad loose connections. Can’t follow a logical conversation, or hold my attention

1 Like

How long has it been since you stopped?

I stopped Saturday night

What does where you on an for how long?

.5-1mg prn since 2014. Every day since December

I started getting bad cognitive things happen to me, and I don’t want dementia when I get older

Well, i don’t know that what you are doing is safe.
But to each their own.
You should really taper off according to a schedule set by your doc.
Klonopin withdrawal can be brutal.
I wish you luck.
But please ask your doc for withdrawal medication if it gets too bad, there are meds to help.

1 Like

Thanks, my therapist always convinces me to stay on it, and I feel crappy when I leave there when I don’t have it in my system. What’s the med? @nfy

They won’t let me post the med

1 Like

Here is an article that lists the med I am talking about.

https://www.adt-healthcare.com/blog/post/guide-to-safely-withdrawing-benzodiazepines/

1 Like

I have 1 otc med on the list and 2 scripts so I have to make a decision, thanks for that site

1 Like

No problem.
I wish you the best.
I know it is a hard thing to do.

1 Like

@Winterblues how long were you on it?

1 Like

Since June 2014. It was a relief at first, and I slept 10hours after spending 3months only getting 2-3hrs of sleep. I couldn’t believe how clear my mind was! After years, it started doing the opposite.

It effects memory so bad, I used to be able to recall a whole week. For a couple years now, I lost that ability.

I really like it. I take it at night for sleep and anxiety (my symptoms are bad at night). I’ve been on it a little over a year and I’ve had no problems with it. The only difference is now I don’t notice it. It’s like I never took anything. If I forget is the only time I feel anything.

Klonopin/clonazepam is great for short term usage, that’s great you’re feeling better.