New technique could target drugs to neurons

Yes, it’s years away. But there is continuing progress.

http://neurosciencenews.com/neuron-drug-delivery-6357/

New research could shed light on why some drugs fail and what could be done about it.

It doesn’t say, but perhaps could lead to drug targetting that would lessen side effects.

3 Likes

The problem is that the meds work too well.
I can’t get out of bed. Who cares why they fail?
We need this technology to target the one lousy neuron that’s been misfiring in my brain for the last fifteen years making my life a living hell

If we know why they fail, they could be altered so that they work. Would save a lot of time in drug development. Unfortunately, we’re still talking 15+ years out. Maybe not quite that long. There have been a number of drugs lately that seemed like they should have worked, and maybe they would if they were able to be targeted using a technology like this.

1 Like

I guess for it’s a matter of time, then I’ve got nothing to lose. It’s a shame that it might take so long to deliver more precise therapies with less side effects though because I’m sure that everyone on this site that takes antipsychotics is health care catastrophe just waiting to happen.

1 Like

Target these babies and let’s get the party started before my brain continues to shrink!

Target locked. New drug loaded in the chamber. Delivering a precise jolt of iti 007 directly into the hypothalamus. Psychosis cured

3 Likes