New + SZA bipolar type

Hello everyone, I am new here.

I have recently been diagnosed as SZA with possible bipolar type. I guess the psychiatrist is still figuring that out. I am 33 and was recently hospitalized in February of this year for the fourth time. I am currently on the paliperidone shot, loxapine, Cymbalta. I also take dexedrine for my ADHD. I am having terrible side effects with paliperidone and want to ask my psychiatrist about Geodon.

Just thought I’d introduce myself. I have felt really alone in my diagnosis and realize my life isn’t going to be what I thought it was.

10 Likes

Welcome @opal

If you find yourself in need of help, just tag a moderator. Type the @ symbol, then our names

@ZombieMombie , @ninjastar , @Moonbeam, @rogueone, and @Bowens

Enjoy your stay with us!

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum @opal !

1 Like

Welcome to the forum @opal

1 Like

There’s dozens of meds available, and it’s all personal trial and error. One person’s miracle med is another’s downfall. I’m sorry that paliperidone isn’t working out.

All meds have side effects though, so be aware of that.

2 Likes

Welcome to the community!

:hugs:

1 Like

Welcome! @opal hope you enjoy it here

1 Like

Welcome @opal! 15

1 Like

Welcome to the forum! @opal

1 Like

welcome to the forum…for the most part, we are a great bunch.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum @opal !!

1 Like

Welcome!! @opal

1 Like

Welcome to the force, may the medicine be with you!

1 Like

Welcome, @opal, you’re in the right place.

1 Like

welcome to the forum @opal

1 Like

Welcome to the forum! Glad you found us

A few tips on things that confuse newbies:

Cake day is the anniversary date of when you joined.

The 1515 or other numbers at the end of peoples posts are because there’s a 15 character minimum to post. So people put 15s after until they get to the minimum characters to post.

To tag someone, put the @ followed by the name.

2 Likes

Thanks everyone for the warm welcomes <3

1 Like

Welcome to the club! My psychiatrist labeled me as SZA-bipolar type. I really don’t know much about the condition myself but there are great people on here that will help.

1 Like