New Story I started

I started a new story. Just an exercise to get my writing going again. This is just the first bit so far.

++++
Dust wafted into her eyes. Rusty hinges squealed as the dark haired woman pushed on the door. No one had been inside of this room for years. Shelves stood along the walls and in the middle of the room. They were still filled with cans and boxes. Raven switched on her headlamp, illuminating the darker corners of the room.

There were no tell-tale rustling or dragging sounds. No marks on the Dust covered floor. As far as she could tell nothing shared the space with her. If anything was inside it had long withered, her confidence high that if she came across another zombie it would be easy to put down.

Race pulled the pack from her shoulders and opened the top. Plenty of room for provisions waited. She started to search the shelves. A lot of dried foods like beans and pasta sat on the shelf in front of her. While useful, they didn’t work well on the road. Beans needed to soak and most of the pasta fell apart from being so old.

“Aha!” Raven’s face lit up as she came across cans of flavored beans. Chili beans, beans with green chilis, and baked beans all went into her pack. Before moving on she pulled two folded cloth bags out of the pack. While the dried stuff wasn’t perfect for a single travler, it was great for trading.

10 Likes

I love a good zombie story.

1 Like

Really like it!

1 Like

Thanks you two. I might keep going and post it here.

1 Like

wow that actually amazing…id love to hear what happens next

1 Like

Thank you @anon92887483

@Ninjastar it says you edited it. Did I have some thing bad in it? Also I can’t edit the typos now.

I just moved it to the creativity section for you so more people would see it. It’s a great story so far!

1 Like

It is pretty obvious you are a pro writer!

1 Like

Oh! Ok. I was confused. Thank you for the compliment!

@anon94176359 thank you!

I am writing it on my tablet and this is an experiment to see if I can stand to do it on a tablet.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.