New shade of blue invented?

This is a brand new color: YInMn blue!
It was discovered by Oregon State University chemist Mas Subramanian and his team — and it’s named after the elements Yttrium, Indium and Manganese, of which it’s made.
You might think it looks like cobalt blue or royal blue - but here’s what makes it different - and totally new…
The pigment forms in such a way that red and green wavelengths are absorbed, and light reflects back only blue.
Also, because of this unique structure, it can be used on buildings and roofs to keep them cool by reflecting infrared light. Another plus? It’s totally toxin-free!
Look for paint and other products made with YInMn blue soon!

https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13529164_10154020559857713_4538082585222378666_n.jpg?oh=c401e38744aa6cd404013f9d8f387011&oe=57FF651A

5 Likes

I thought you’d lost your marbles, clearly not!!!

I would post a Wikipedia article, but it appears offline atm, so here’s the next best thing!

I wonder if there are any investment opportunities in this new shade of blue, not that I have any money to invest. Even if I did, I would probably earn just enough to lose my disability, but not enough to get any security.

1 Like

And a new black too!

2 Likes

Silly minnii, orange is the new black!!! Lolllll so funny

1 Like

Not a big fan of the show though. But yeah you was funny :grin:

1 Like

Maybe it’ll prevent arguments like this:

3 Likes

I just heard about that lately!

1 Like

When I was a kid I wondered if there were any undiscovered colors

Not shades of blue, green, yellow, red, orange, etc…but a whole new color!

Would be cool if there was…I wonder the science behind the possibility…or if there is none.

There are! Some people (and insects, birds, etc) can perceive extra colors.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.