New relationships

So my husband and I have been split, not divorced yet, but going different directions the past few months, and I’ve already found someone. He’s a little disappointed that he couldn’t meet someone yet. I have been speaking to my cousin’s ex husband, he reached out to me, and we’ve known each other since I was in elementary. He’s actually 10 years older than me and he wants us to have a baby together. I worry about having to go off my meds during my pregnancy. Also, my husband is in a way trying to win me back, when I’ve pretty much moved on.

3 Likes

Be careful… going off meds is usually tragic. I’ve missed you.

1 Like

I’m going to talk to my pdoc about it. I was reading quarantine is safe for pregnancies. Awe I’ve missed you too. :blush:

1 Like

Just looking out for you. :blush:

1 Like

2 Likes

Very sad. I hate to see the end of a marriage.

2 Likes

Uh, you want this baby? And who’s going to take care of it and raise it?

2 Likes

Yes, absolutely. I can take care of it. I make pretty good money and my new man and I want to get married next yr, so we’ll be together to raise it.

I’m sorry. Me and my husband got divorced two months ago. I don’t want to find someone new. I don’t want to have a formal relationship or get married anymore.

2 Likes

I am terrified about having to go off meds to have a baby too. I have HEARD that pregnancy tends to magically regulate neurotransmitters and many people have said they were weirdly stable during their pregnancies. But that’s just hearsay I have no evidence that’s true or will be the case for me.

Only my antipsychotic isn’t harmful to pregnancy and I am not even sure I would want to take that bc I have seen babies in ICU withdrawing off of psych meds that were “harmless” to pregnancies and it was horrible. Those babies were in hell.

3 Likes

Medication questions aside, the end of a marriage and the start of a new relationship doesn’t seem like an ideal time to me to have a baby. It’s only been a few months? Don’t you already have young children? How are they handling all this? And would dating your cousin’s ex-husband upset your relationship with your cousin?

I’m not trying to make you feel bad, but if you were my friend I’d be like, slow it down, sister. What’s the rush?

3 Likes

Your cousins ex you say? Hmm…

2 Likes

Yes, she treated him like garbage. Everyone in the family knows how terrible she’s been to him. She cheated on him, had a baby with some guy she didn’t know. Hit him, gaslighted him, and manipulated him. He is such a sweet guy, I know I used to live with them for a while. Him and I have a lot in common and he’s so much more mature than my ex. We’re finally happy and he wishes we had hooked up earlier, but I was in like elementary when he came into the family.

We are taking everything a bit quick. We’ve talked about waiting a bit. He just worries about being older than me. My kids have taken the split and dynamic pretty well. They know we love them very much. Yes, I’m going to be the bad guy with my cousin, but I don’t really worry too much about her. She recently cut everyone in the family off over a comment another cousin made about who’s cooking was better and now she’s ghosted everyone. She’s not a good person.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.