New pdoc for me

I recently learned that my pdoc is moving to another VA facility out of state. I’m going to miss him. He was a good pdoc and a nice person.

I’m afraid that because the new pdoc won’t know me or my history, he’s going to change my diagnosis and then I will lose my benefits. I’m really afraid of this.

When he evaluates me, I will just tell him the truth from beginning to present and he can take from all that what he (or she) may.

3 Likes

Why can’t you try for online consultation with your old pdoc?

1 Like

Next time I talk to him I can ask about that. Thanks. But, I’m pretty sure that’s not the way the VA works.

1 Like

I wish you well @SkinnyMe
Good luck and just be honest with the new doctor.

I plan on discussing my symptoms with my psychiatrist next week.

1 Like

I have recently (Last year) had a new pdoc.

To be honest, be afraid of Psychologists more

Anyways, the new pdoc has added a few more Dx’s on me, but I am in the process of deconstructing his meddling and trying to get an advocate

1 Like

I got a new pdoc too, saw her twice. She’s very nice. She kept my previous pdoc’s diagnosis, and what the hospital said. My history speaks for itself.

Good luck in getting new pdoc! Could they not get your psych history records from your old pdoc?

2 Likes

I think being completely open and trans pay with you new dr will be very beneficial to you. Good luck!

1 Like

I moved from Missouri to California in 2020 and had a new pDoc. She almost misdiagnosed me as borderline. That freaked me out. But it all worked out. I still got a new diganosis of Schizoaffective with major depressive disorder. My prior diagnosis was paranoid Sz.

I hope it all goes well for you. I think your idea of telling your new pDoc everything is a good idea.

2 Likes

you can also ask for reports made by your old pdoc to give them to your new pdoc… then he/she can read about you and then you don’t need to tell everything again… but when meeting new pdoc you will prob go over everything anyways i think.

1 Like

It’s hard when your session is one hour in the beginning to give your new doctor your whole history. Yeah transfer of medical records would be ideal

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.