New Pdoc 151515

Hey all,

I’m meeting a new pdoc very soon. I met him once already and asked him if I can switch from my current pdoc. He claimed that he doesn’t like “stealing patients” but asked me to bring my file in for him to see.

Do you guys think he can switch my meds during the initial appt? I really want to go back on Latuda. I asked my current pdoc to go on Latuda but he said no and said “I’m not going to play with your anxiety.”

1 Like

Sometimes pdocs can be heavy handed. My pdoc makes big decisions for me which can sometimes be motivated by his sense of thinking he knows what’s best. Psychiatry is very subjective, every different psychiatrist has a different opinion. Your best bet is to go with the psychiatrist who will listen and is flexible. If you told my psychiatrist you had been experimenting with supplements like l-theanine or sarcosine he would get very mad. That stuff isn’t fda approved! Even vitamins make him angry. But still on other issues he’s pretty open to suggestions.

1 Like

Your absolutely right. I thought that a low dose of an AP combined with supplements would make my life easier. I was completely wrong

1 Like

I don’t have anything against harmless supplements, my pdoc does. Whereas other pdocs would be totally okay with it or even support it.

1 Like