Schizophrenia.com

New job prospect

Just got off the phone with a guy about a job in Hawaii doing pilot stuff. I don’t know if I could find a reasonable place to live that will take dogs but it has my interest so far.

3 Likes

It’s tough for a schizophrenic to hold down a job. Ellyn Saks says she doesn’t want to be known as the “schizophrenic with a job” but she basically is.

1 Like

I have been working full or part time since 2017

3 Likes

How many different jobs have you had in those 3 years?

1 Like

Full-time since 1998-ish here.

3 Likes

I’ve done my share of working for many years in the past.
I don’t feel bad that I’m no longer capable of working.

2 Likes

Three.

From 2008 to 2014 I burned through 7. Too sick then.

1 Like

Actually it’s 4. I have a full time and a part time job right now.

1 Like

It’s funny I got this job prospect through the same company of one of the jobs I burned through in 2013. Only lasted 6 weeks at that job. The salary was $90,000 per year.

I have applied with them several times in the last few years. Until now they have shunned me.

2 Likes

Tom all these jobs are no where close to where you live. Are you gonna leave your wife behind?

I will probably go alone. She can come later. We will maintain our house in Louisiana. Hawaii is expensive. It depends on how much money they offer me. I miss being around Marines. Unfortunately I have to wait until Tuesday to talk to the hiring manager.

The prescreen phone call went well.

2 Likes

If you have interest in a job and bring joy to your life then go for it! I have had several jobs over the last few years but I’ve been at my current one for 6 months. I think I’ve found a position that’s flexible enough for self care and I’m doing well at it. I hope you find the one that’s the best for you and what you need/want.

2 Likes

They offered the job to someone else. Good thing. I would have taken it.

A lady just called me about a job in California. I used to work with this company part time. This time it’s a full time job. She sent my resume to her boss.

When I worked part time for them the salary was $400 per day. She didn’t say what the annual salary was. She asked me what I wanted and I said I was open to any reasonable offer.

I hope it pays well cali is an expensive state. You will need more money to live there

1 Like

This city in California isn’t nearly as expensive as Hawaii. It’s in the desert. You can find a decent place to live for less than $1000 per month.

1 Like

How do you find a part time job that pays that much?

It was only 4 weeks at a time four times a year. I used to be a pilot. It was doing pilot stuff. I was not an attack pilot though and I think that’s what they want.

It will be interesting to see if they offer me the full time job and what the pay will be. Haven’t heard back yet.

The lady friended me or whatever it’s called on linked in.

1 Like

Good luck @TomCat. I hope you get an offer you like for pay you like.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.