New job and I earned my associates degree

This has been a busy month! I start my job at an escape room tomorrow! I got hired as a game master, which I won’t lie will look pretty cool on my resume. I also graduated with my associates degree.

For the job I have/get to dress up in costumes themed for the rooms! Its like Halloween everyday! I have never been this excited for a job. I’ll probably post a few of my outfits in the selfie thread once I get in the swing of things.

20 Likes

Geez @Later_Gator , that’s astounding ! Glad to see you so happy.

1 Like

That’s amazing!! Good job getting your associates degree & also landing a cool job!! I hope you enjoy it. Looking forward to costume pics. :grinning:

2 Likes

Congrats. Good luck.

1 Like

Thanks! It has been a long time since I’ve been able to feel joy. I mean, things have been getting better and I’ve been pretty stable for about nine months, but this is the first time in a long time I’ve felt hopeful. I just need to keep my expectations realistic, but I wont let that deter me from enjoying the present moment. I’m taking a low pressure approach where if it doesn’t work out I just take a step back, instead of letting it worry me to the point of another break.

I’ve had a couple of jobs in the past four years since I’ve been psychotic, but they didn’t work out. I haven’t been this stable in a very long time though. I’m hoping I can make this work! I’ll keep an open mind and positive vibes!

2 Likes

Congratulations!!! Tell us how it goes!

1 Like

Thank you! My first costume is one I put together real quick. I’m not sure I’m even required to wear one on the first day, but I’m going to take full advantage of the dress code. I think I’m most excited about wearing costumes to be honest!

2 Likes

Will do! Tomorrow is my first day, so I’ll update everyone when I get home. Thanks!

Thank you as well, @vangoghs!

2 Likes

So do you have to pay for all your costumes?

1 Like

Nah, they have stuff we can wear if we want to. I like coming up with costumes though, and it allows me to express my creativity. I’m wondering if I can write off costume expenses on taxes. I’ll have to look that up!

This is fantastic. Well done, you!

:heart:

1 Like

Congratulations

1 Like

Well done all round. Sounds a pretty cool job so enjoy and keep that stress low!

1 Like

Thanks @velociraptor @rogueone @Dustypages

My first couple of days have gone great! I’m loving it so far! I’m a bit nervous to gain some independence as training continues, but I think I’ll be able to handle it.

2 Likes

That’s awesome good job!

Congratulations and you can do it.

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.