New guy at work is kind of a bullshi**er

A fast talker. We got to talking about drugs and AA and NA and the program. Apparently he is still using. I’ll keep my distance from him. And just as a side note, I thought he was this great worker, well, he’s OK but he got tired just mopping the small gym. I’ll give him a break because he’s 52 years old, but man, I’m 60 and I’m used to vacuuming and mopping a big gym and a small gym by myself and he got tired just mopping the small gym by himself.

8 Likes

Worked with many in my life. You can pick em a mile away but sounds a solid plan to keep your distance. I am friendly but at my later jobs I wasn’t looking for friends and that works with work for me.

5 Likes

Thats the best thing to do. I did the same to my previous friends who used drugs, even weed.

4 Likes

Well, if he is new to this occupation he’ll need time to toughen up. I remember my first month working in a dish pit. I was growing a lot of new muscle by the second month.

3 Likes

I got fired after my first month in dish pit :sweat_smile:

1 Like

It’s an intense job in a busy restaurant.

2 Likes

We were a very busy restaurant, imho it was probably a 2 person job just based on volume. Oh well, life goes on. That was like 4.5 years ago now

2 Likes

When I did the dish pit they wanted me to go so fast. So I told the manager there’s no way he could go that fast. So he went in and did it super fast for 20 mins.
Then when he came out I said “well I bet ya couldn’t do that for 8 hours” :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Cheeky level.

4 Likes

You learn how to optimize your “workflow” as it were. I was absolutely flying by the end of my first month.

3 Likes

Yeah I flew too, I flew out of that job :sweat_smile: it was my short stint as a prep cook.

I was really good at test tasting the mashed potatoes, prime rib and the shredded mozzarella :yum:

3 Likes

You’re a wise man.

2 Likes

Maybe he will find the job too strenuous and leave or he will fail a random drug test.

Do you guys have random drug testing ordered by employers over in the US? We have pre-employment and random drug testing here.

2 Likes

Not at my job we don’t.

3 Likes

What’s a “dish pit”? You mean being a dishwasher? Never heard it called a “dish pit” before. Then again my last dishwashing job was in 1988.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.