Schizophrenia.com

Never realized how miserable I was

Until I’ve been really happy the last few days. Increased my abilify to 25 mg and I feel happy. When I increased it to 20 from 15 I noticed a huge difference but I was still miserable. Now at 25 mg, staying sober and living a better lifestyle, I’m way more cognascent of how miserable I was. Never realized how miserable I was until I became happy.

5 Likes

I’m Glad you can feel happiness!

1 Like

u mean meds made you happy?.

sigh

Pain and suffering has been the norm for me for so long. Even when ■■■■ got a little but better I was still not happy ever. Now that I’m on day 4 of being happy I notice that it was not the normal thing to have so much misery. People with no mental health issues who are happy dont feel that way. I like how the abilify works…doesn’t make me manic high like an anti-d, but me personally doesn’t make me feel dull. Just makes me feel how I’m supposed to feel.

1 Like

Don’t bring your negativity and destructive thinking into my thread. Kthnxbye

5 Likes

I had flupentixol. I was a robot. I thought I was normal but people around me reacted. I changed meds to Abilify. I’m on 25 mg. Now nobody say I am a robot anymore. But the last piece is missing. I want to feel joy and happiness. I don’t feel depressed or angry either. I feel nothing. But it could be because of the illness itself. Might not have anything to do with Abilify.

1 Like

I hope you find the med combo that works for you! This wasn’t intended to be a medication thread although the meds are helping me find happiness I believe. Everyone reacts differently to the meds I guess.

Maybe an anti depressant would bring life to you. Abilify 25 mg works for me but everyone reacts differently

2 Likes

@saurav1
I know that medications can affect us, both in good and bad ways.
If the medications affect us in a good way and decreace the symptoms, that might make us happy as a result.

@turningthepage
I can relate to what you have said. That’s also what I felt when I started to recover and I suffer from that miserable feeling for a while. But you can get over it one day and just can focus on the here and now. But I know I’ll never fully overcome that feeling and it’s like a healed wound. It’s completely different from never being wounded than having a healed wound.

2 Likes

People get used to a way of functioning… it isn’t until we pull out of it and get to somewhere else… that we realize where we’ve been.

If someone never experiences sorrow… they can’t experience joy…

3 Likes