Never having kids

My partner and I have thought about having kids but with her polycystic ovarian syndrome and my illness we just know niether one of us can have kids.

We have talked about adopting but according to my mother in law no one will ever let us adopt

1 Like

I have about twenty children to be honest, but i never meet them or nothing.

I just wonder around and have sex with many people and then i leave.

4 Likes

be careful, bud. youā€™ll get a disease.

1 Like

Same here, I feel like a ā€œdinosaurā€ sometimes. But the truth is that I do not satisfy any of the conditions needed. I do not have a woman, and I am not independent. Who would want ā€œthisā€ to start a family? My disease came very early at nineteen about 18 years ago.

Iā€™m not going to have kids because I got plenty of them in my mind.

Thereā€™s lots of kids out there that you can converse with and have fun with. Donā€™t know why everyone makes it a possessive thing.

I mean I get it on some level. Iā€™ve fantasized about it myself. But I realized in some way what I was looking for was just expecting the child to be everything I wasnā€™t.

Doesnā€™t mean I donā€™t fantasize about it still.

The culture makes it a kind of a race/trophy thing or something though and that is just disgusting. Children arenā€™t to be measured against other children.

5 Likes

Iā€™ve been a tutor for some time. helping other kids and talking with them is different than having my own kids. there are more deeper levels of care, love, and responsibility.

2 Likes

My 2 kids were planned. I adore them but I have friends who opted not to have kids and I respect that. A lot of people have kids on accident or because they think they are ā€˜supposedā€™ to. There are also plenty of people totally unprepared to be parents that have them anyway. If all those folks did not have kids and only the fully prepared people who planned them had them, it would solve our overpopulation problem over time. Unlikely though.

I had one kid. But, I never had any more. And I never wanted any more. And I never wanted grandkids either and I never got any thank goodness.

Iā€™m having my first kid soon and I donā€™t want to sound like a jerk, but we didnā€™t plan this and if I had to do over again, Iā€™d still be kid free. Life is hard enough being mentally ill and Iā€™m so not ready to care for someone else. The closer I get to having this kid, the more Iā€™m realizing just how ill fit I am to be a parent. The kid isnā€™t even here yet and Iā€™ve already done so much to let him down

Never had them, never wanted them (apart from a brief obsessive period in my late 20s), could never have coped with them. Also, I just plain donā€™t like them lol.

Donā€™t worry kids donā€™t expect a lot from you , mostly just love and understanding. I didnā€™t want kids and truth be no one is ever ready. But now that I have them, itā€™s the best thing, you really grow and learn what unconditional love is all about. They are some work as babies but actually help out as they get older . As they grow we grow as parents.

Do you have any support or is it just you and the baby?

I have my fiancĆ© and heā€™s way more excited than I am. Heā€™s great and super supportive. Iā€™m just not a kid person in general honestly. Iā€™ve never liked being around children

Trust me your kids will be different, I didnā€™t want kids I only had them for my wife. Wouldnā€™t trade them for anything. Is your fiance able to be of support for you and the baby?

I didnā€™t like kids till I had my own , now I can appreciate all kids

Yeah he has a good job and everything and I work full time as well. Thatā€™s the other thing, Iā€™m not willing to give up my job to take care of a kid. My job is my life passion and I canā€™t imagine having to stop. Like I love my son already but Iā€™m not ready to be a good parent