Never get attached to people: message for myself

No matter how close i get to people i should never get attached because attachment only leads to heartache. Never get attached i always need to tell myself that

Good luck holding yourself to that i know the sz populate a majority of the hermit class…hermit the frog here…lol sorry…ahem…what was i gonna say…■■■■ something about no attachment is practically impossible and kind of takes the enjoyment out of this crap exercise known as life…

3 Likes

People come and people go. Loving someone isn’t ever a tragedy, even when they leave us.

4 Likes

Keep the heart guarded. Learn to cope with heart break. Be a friend through thick and thin and they’ll always come round again.

1 Like

You don’t want to cut yourself off from all emotional experience. Just pick and choose who you choose to get close with.

It is better to get attached and then hurt than to always be lonely on some level to avoid getting hurt. In the long run you will hurt more if you build walls around yourself.

2 Likes

Quote:

Life is hard to bear: But do not pretend to be so sensitive! We are all of us pretty sturdy asses and she-asses.
What do we have in common with the rosebud, which trembles because a drop of dew lies on it’s body?
It is true: we love life, not because we are used to living, but because we are used to loving.
There is always a bit of madness in loving. But there is also always a bit of reason in madness.
And even to me, as one who is fond of life, it seems that butterflies and soap-bubbles, and whatever is like them among humans, know the most about happiness.

1 Like

Never get attached

Maybe just be careful about who you get attached to?