Neuropsych testing

[
If scared won’t be able to do good on neuropsych testing and say I can concentrate and do well or get denied if don’t get testing can get Dr to say in note debating between schzioaffective and depression with psychosis and that can tell severity of condition without me having neuropsych testing and recommend that I don’t work would that help me get social security

That’s an incredibly long sentence.

Are they recommending the testing?

They are recommend the testing

I would do it then.

What if neuropsych testing says I can concentrate and remember,does it show ability understand simple instructions?but Dr reports say can’t concentrate,remember,understand simple tasks,complete tasks would I be able to win disability?

To get disability you can’t have anything to hide. If they are recommending it your medical records must not contain enough data to make a decision.

If you don’t do it they will probably just deny you. I don’t see an alternative.

Ymy Dr recommended it not the ssa

If it’s any consolation I did the testing and they ruled out schizophrenia as a diagnosis and I still got the label and disability.

1 Like

Did the testing also show how well can concentrate,remember,understand instructions what type of questions did they ask? Was it paper and verbal

I took an English/grammar test, provided a writing sample, took a math test, answered some trivia questions and a whole bunch of memory stuff.

It took all day long. For the memory stuff they tell you to remember something and then distract you with other conversation and then ask you to tell them what you were supposed to remember.

I don’t think I did very well on that part. My short term memory isn’t good. I think I did well on the rest of it though. Your doctor is just being thorough. Try your best.

Did it measure your ability understand simple instructions orconcentrate

I don’t remember that being part of it but I did it 10 years ago. Can’t remember much else than what I told you.

I can follow instructions just fine. I don’t think that means much.

Does anyone know if for concentration levels of test ask questions about how doing ,adls concentration throughout day or questions like which circle is bigger,how are cat and dog related

Just know this. Answer the questions truthfully (meaning what you really think the answer is.) they know a lot of people will lie on purpose thinking if they fail it they will get disability. They have algorithms in the test to show if someone is trying to cheat the system and you would be denied if you do that. Just relax, breath and take the test.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.