Nervous musicians

I find musicians to be tense, nervous people. Their job is exacting and hard on the body and mind.

1 Like

The Beatles seemed pretty relaxed and comfortable for people who were the most popular people on the planet in the sixties. Paul McCartney described it in an interview. When you watch old clips of the crowds caused by Beatlemania and it’s total chaos and the Beatles are in the middle of thousands and thousands of screaming girls, Paul said that it was like being in the eye of a hurricane. All four of them were calm and laughing while everybody around them was going crazy.

But yeah, musicians in general to me seem pretty laid back and mellow and love what they do. Drugs and alcohol and hard living take their toll but the process of actually producing music and performing it with your friends and band members seems like it would be a blast and one of the best things on earth as a job. But there is a lot of pressure for the top artists to come up with new hits all the time and all that touring is certainly taxing so you’re right about that.

1 Like

My favorite college band was named Nervous Sheep and I did find them to be quiet and shy when they weren’t performing. Being in a band probably made things easier with meeting women at least.

i am not a musician per se but when i practice it brings me great pleasure. i think it is performing in front of others that is like you say. judy

I am a long time music student and I have extreme anxiety to the point where I cannot perform for anyone but my teacher.

I play piano for ballet classes, and I’m fine with that, but I’m very nervous to perform for an audience. I’ve also been writing songs, and I can perform them for friends and family but would really be nervous performing them for anyone else.

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.