Schizophrenia.com

Negotiating for poverty

well i can get a part time job, but i still won’t have much money with what i would get paid. all that stress for so little in reward. meanwhile all these nice new cars are constantly driving by my place, and i can’t help but think their pinching pennies on my pay so they can afford a raise for those people driving those cars and eating in the restaurants. they have to stay above inflation and secure enough for retirement, meanwhile me, is destined to be poor the rest of my life.

can’t say i blame some people for staying on welfare, when either way working or not working, the american dream is not really destined for us.

1 Like

I really feel fortunate to live in a meritocracy like Canada, @Lifer. It must be so hard living low on the totem pole even in a wealthy country like America. What’s even more scary is that I think I read somewhere that Trump wants to get rid of Social Security. That said, America has never been that great at “taking care of its own”.

2 Likes

work, pay your taxes, take your meds, go to church on sunday, buy cheap ■■■■ from china. the afterlife must be great that all these people decided to forsake this life.

4 Likes

I agree with the idea of the American Dream but college is so expensive, unless you can bounce or throw a ball well, that it seems you’d be better off just working a trade than paying off student debt for the rest of your life.

2 Likes

I thought its about negotiating prices.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.