Negative symptoms or depression

Then personally according to what I found online thats more sz negative symptoms. But if it really bother your tell your Dr.

3 Likes

Thanks for the article Aziz. I bookmarked it for closer examination when I’m not so tired. The only problem that I see is that i dont have to seem have any of the distinguishing characteristics of either depression or sz negs. I dont have “low mood, suicidal ideation and pessimism” nor “alogia and blunted affect”. I only have the common symptoms.

2 Likes

Maybe you don’t have either then :stuck_out_tongue:
Jk idk not sure, maybe ask your dr.

2 Likes

I’m still pretty sure I have sz negs…I don’t think I’m depressed.

2 Likes

Do you feel that your emotions are as strong as normal ppl? I feel that my emotions are much less in intensity than normal ppl, I feel very little emotions especially irl, online I can seem to have a bit of emotions but not irl.

1 Like

No they aren’t but according to what I looked up on blunted effect it’s only expressing your emotions that you have a problem.

1 Like

Blunted affect, also referred to as emotional blunting, is a prominent symptom of schizophrenia . Patients with blunted affect have difficulty in expressing their emotions [1], characterized by diminished facial expression, expressive gestures and vocal expressions in reaction to emotion provoking stimuli

1 Like

I read that ppl with sz negative symptoms have problems in expressing their emotions and understanding/feeling emotions of others. Of course there are degrees. Some have more, some less.

1 Like

Hmm…well, I fit closer to sz negs distinguishing traits than I do Depression traits I think. IDK. I’m too tired for this.

1 Like

I need to reexamine this tomorrow once I have gotten some sleep.

2 Likes

With sz negative symptoms it feels like I don’t have a mood lol is that possible?

2 Likes

Thanks @cigarino for bringing this issue up because I feel exactly the same - my mood is ok, I take an AD and not able to cry but I feel so dead and bleak and my laughter feels superficial.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.